04

(Gwen's pov)

Ever since my dad died, i've felt lost. Miles was an escape for me. He's someone who i could talk to when i felt down. But now, now i don't know who he is. He feels like a new person. What just happened on the roof with Felicia and what happened yesterday with him and her. I don't think i can trust him anymore.

When i swung off the roof and left miles by himself, i went back to me and my dads old apartment to sit on the roof. This roof was my favorite place to go. Something about listening to the new york sounds while admiring the buildings, it's calming. I miss my dad more than anything. I wonder if things would have went differently if i was there with miles. If i could have saved him. But that's only a what if.

Let's go back a couple months. Life in Carolina was miserable. my cousins were so strict. The times i was able to leave was for school. i met a couple kids there. There names for Kate and Troy. They were a couple. They also smoked a lot of weed. i did it with them for a little bit. Things were good with them. I enjoyed their company.

But like all good things it came to a end. Troy tried to make a move on me and i rejected him for obvious reasons. I went and told Kate almost immediately but Troy was able to convince her i was the one lying and i tried to make a move on him. I was never able to make more friends. For like the past 4 months i've barely talked to anyone.

I was tired of the bullshit rules my cousins had. i decided i'd have enough and stole some of their money to get a plane ticket to New York.

I thought all my problems would be gone once i came back. But turns out i was wrong.

(Miles POV)

I couldn't believe Gwen took off like that. I feel like such a bad person. She doesn't deserve any of this.

I climbed into my room through the window and went and sat down on my bed. I needed to keep my mind off things for a while. I pulled my sketchbook out and continued on my newest drawing.

After a little while of working on my drawing i closed the sketchbook and put it aside. I needed to go find Gwen.

(Gwen's POV)

I was on the roof for an hour when i heard a familiar swinging noise nearby.

I heard Miles land behind me.

"Thought you'd be here"

I turned around and miles had on his favorite jacket over his spider suit.

"You still got that jacket huh"

"Well, not the same one. i've grown a little so i bought a new size"

Miles walked closer to me. before he sat down i looked at his feet. He still had the jordan's i bought him.

He sat down and i could tell he was thinking of what to say.

"Gwen, honestly i know i messed up. i messed up big time. But what we had before, I miss that. I understand if you don't want that with me again and can't trust me again. But i'd like to make up for my mistakes. By giving you what you deserve. Gwen, I still love you"

I felt a smile began to form on my face. How could i stay mad at him. I looked up at him and cupped his cheek.

"I can't believe i fell in love with a fucking idiot" i smiled

i leaned in and kissed Miles for a loooong time. A solid 45 second kiss. When our lips finally pulled apart Miles hugged me.

"i don't want us on bad terms anymore" he said

"You made a mistake, like you said, you can make up for those mistakes."

Miles phone began to ring.

"it's Ganke, let me take this"

He stood up and walked away so he could talk to ganke

I could still slightly hear ganke. he was so loud.

"Ganke Ganke, chill dude, slow down"

I heard Miles pause for a second to let ganke talk.

"What the hell? What do you mean the prowler is back!"

The Prowler

That's his uncle....

i hope y'all enjoyed chapter 4. Thanks for the support so far.