10

(no pov, day that miles got stabbed. wilson fisks secret base)

hobie walked back into wilson fisks office gripping his shoulder. he had lost a lot of blood and was starting to feel dizzy.

"kingpin"

wilson looked up from his desk.

"good job, he's dead"

"no boss, he's alive. he escaped"

"how the hell did you let that happen!?"

"he used these electric powers. it caught me off guard. he stabbed me in my shoulder.

wilson got up from his chair and walked towards hobie

"let me see your shoulder"

hobie removed his hand from his shoulder.

wilson grabbed hobies injured shoulder and started to squeeze it.

hobie yelled in pain and eventually fisk let go.

"your father owed me a lot of money! next time you see spiderman or hell even miles, you kill him! and maybe i'll let you off. now leave my office!"

"sir! i've been to his dorm before. i can get the jump on him when he least expects it. i'll kill him monday. that's a promise.

(next week, monday. miles pov)

The past 6 days i've been in bed. my leg has been killing me. now i gotta go to school. i hope gwen is back somehow, we need to talk badly. i miss her more and more everyday.

"miles!" my father yelled from the other room

i limped out my room and into the living room.

my father had his phone in his hand

"for you"

he handed me the phone and i put it up to my ear.

Miles! been a while since we talked.

oh hello may, how have you been?

you know same old stuff.

so why are you calling

i walked back into my room with the phone to continue the conversation

gwen told me about you guys fighting? she came to my house crying about a week ago. she's living with me for now.

oh, yeah the fight. she basically made me choose between spiderman or her. i chose being spiderman

well miles. i think you made the right choice. i know gwen well. she'll come around.

i hope may. i'd love to keep talking but i gotta make my way to school.

ok miles!

i hung up the phone and went back into the living room.

"catch" i tossed my dads phone to him.

he caught it

"boy, don't throw my baby around like that"

"your baby? i'm telling mom"

he waved his hand at me laughing and went back into his room.

i grabbed an apple from the fridge and walked out the front door.

(miles dorm room)

i walked up to my dorm room and grabbed the keys out my pocket and went to unlock the door but it was around unlocked.