8. Body talk (Hashirama)

I knew it was him as soon as I saw him.

Of course, I recognised the spider web tattoo on his neck from when he had sent me the photo of it, but even without it, and considering there were many people with spider web tattoos on their necks, I knew it was him.

It was the strangest feeling when I walked up to him, as if my soul just clicked into place.

This is it. Your search ends here.

I had never believed in fate before, yet what were the odds that I would find myself in the position I was in, pressing my crotch against his ass in a Versace photo shoot? In that moment, I decided to believe the universe wanted to see us together. Or, at least, it wanted us to meet.

I held his hand as the elevator door opened, and we walked silently over the lush carpet in the corridor outside. I was happy he'd told me that he didn't know if he wanted to sleep with me; not because I didn't want to because, God, I wanted to, but because I was happy he felt comfortable enough with me to say something like that.

And I wondered how much of this hesitancy was because of H, as it was crystal clear Madara hadn't figured out he was me. I knew I should tell him, but something was holding me back.

"I have some nail polish." I was jerked back to reality by the man next to me speaking as we walked to his room. God, he was so beautiful. Tall, yet a head shorter than me, and slightly more muscle and fat on him than I had. "Maybe, we can paint each other's nails."

The suggestion was so sweet, I wanted to cry. It was made a hundred times more delicious by the fact that he blushed when he asked me, murmuring the question down into the floor as if afraid of rejection.

"Sounds lovely. What colours do you have?"

I never painted my nails, mostly because of my profession. But the expression on Madara's face when I displayed interest made me think that for this man, I would paint my nails every day, even if it would mean I had to remove it every day before work and let him re-apply it when I came back.

We sat on the floor. Madara put on a playlist.

"It's White Lies. This is one of my favourite songs. It's called Heaven Wait."

He had brought so many nail polish bottles with him, I didn't know where to begin.

"I have never painted anyone's nails before. What if it's to your satisfaction?" I asked, only half-joking.

"Then let's me start!" he said happily. "What design do you want? And don't give me one of those 'I don't know, you decide' excuses!" he added just before I said 'I don't know, you decide'.

But I saw it was important to him, so I considered each bottle.

"I like this matte dark blue", I said. "On one nail. And glitter would be nice on another. Maybe faded at the tips over the matte dark blue on a third. For the last two..."

"I do have some crystals", he said shyly.

I lit up. Crystals! On my nails! My boss would faint by the mere potential of bacteria assembly. The prospect of my boss fainting made me feel fantastic.

"Add as many as you can! Don't let anyone doubt my sexual orientation!"

He laughed and got to work. He filed my nails to a beautiful, cut-off shape that apparently was called "ballerina".

"Your nail beds are lovely", he complimented. "Makes your nails look long even if they're not."

I smiled at the compliment and thanked him.