9.

As you were out to do you, Howl, Calcifer and Markl were decorating the place. "Okay so all these balloons go there??" Markl asked Howl. "Yep." He answered. Calcifer was playing Merry Go Round Of Life.

When you came home, the whole house was dark, but Calcifer was shining brightly. "Cal, what's happening?" You asked. "Oh nothing~" He said.

"SURPRISE!" Markl and Howl screamed as the lights turned on and Calcifer played the iconic song once again.

"Uh- what?" You asked, confused.

"Happy birthday, (Y/N)" Howl said as he walked towards you. "Birthday?" You asked him. "Yeah it's (Birthday date), did you know?" He replied. "Oh?" You giggled as your droopy ears and tail perked up and you began to wag, your wings flapping. The halos around your tail were like hula hoops, spinning around your tail. You grinned. You noticed your tail wag and looked at it "Stop it!" You growled. 

Howl looked at you grabbing your tail,trying to stop it from wagging and smiled. "You know, you can't stop that." He said with an amused tone. You growled.

"Damn calm down." Howl said as he held his hands up. "Women are still scary..." He mumbled. "Anyways, thanks." You said, a hint of happiness heard in your voice. "Your welcome." Howl said as he walked towards you.

"What are you gonna do? I can bite you, y'know." You questioned. "Why? I can't give you a hug?" Howl replied. "A...hug?" You asked him. You never recieved anything, not even a hug. Leave alone presents on your birthday. Howl wrapped his arms around you. You began to cry a little. "Hey, are you okay?" He asked you. "Yeah- uh yeah i'm fine." You sniffed. 

"You sure?" Howl asked. "Y-yeah i'm just- it's just that... My parents never cared about my birthday and I barely know you guys and you-you guys do all this..." You told him. "Oh... Well i'm glad you're having a birthday party now." He smiled at you and his eyes travelled to your lips. 

He became aware and looked up to your beautiful (E/C) eyes. "So... uhm..." Howl started awkwardly. "If you want you can sleep in my room...?" Your eyes widened. "I mean- uh- it's not like you've never slept there before... and you're eightteen now, so I wouldn't be a pedo anymore." He chuckled. "Plus, my bed is way more comfortable than the couch." He stated.

"You want me to sleep with you that bad?" You asked him, teasingly. "I- uh-" Howl said, blushing. "Okay fine. Just because it's you." You told him. He smiled.