Chapter 1 - The beginning

Tears filled Marinette's eyes as she looked at her friend, glaring at her with anger and disappointment. Disbelief ran through Marinette's body, not wanting to believe what she was seeing.

"It wasn't me! I didn't do anything!"

"Marinette just stop lying. I can't believe you would do this to Lila."

"But I didn't do anything, she-"

"Marinette stop. I don't know what your problem is with Lila but this is too far. I can't believe I was friends with such a monster."

Silence filled the room. The tension grew immediately after those three sentences made their way into the room, making all the chaos go quiet. Marinette's tears stopped but her negative emotions grew, making her unable to control herself.

"I'm the monster? Why don't you take a look into the mirror and realize you have been believing the dumbest lies that could be revealed through some research that you didn't even bother to take? You just believe her every word without doubting her at all, while ruining our friendship. I wish that you could believe me like that but it seems as though only Lila has that privilege."

"...Marinette..it's true that I didn't research anything that she said, but because I never had any reason to. There's no proof of her lying and there's not even a reason for her to lie. You had reasons to hate her, everything fits; the evidence, the reasoning, plus you have no alibi. It all fits, except for one thing. This kind of thing isn't like you. I know that some people change a lot but you aren't like this. If something is going on, tell me."

"I wish you would believe me. That's what's going on. If you could easily believe that I was Ladybug, the better, complete opposite version of me, you should be able to believe what I'm saying about Lila."

Alya looks at Marinette slightly dumbfounded. Then, she looked at Marinette in an unsure and guilty way. What she said next contrasted her tone and looks so hard it's a wonder that Marinette only noticed the words.

"Marinette, the difference between those two completely different topics is that you had evidence AND it made sense. You can't expect me to believe something bad about a person without proof. Tell me when you're ready to tell me the truth. And until then we aren't friends. Not anymore."

And with that, Alya removed her look from the ground and left, leaving Marinette to sob on the floor, tears streaming down her face, negative emotions being let out after being bottled for so long. Tikki looked at her with pity, but still had to say,

"Marinette you can't let your negative emotions get the best of you! Hawkmoth can-"

"I don't care anymore."

"M-Marinette-"

"I said I don't care anymore. Here, have my earrings and take them to Alya let all of the kwamis find their holder. I just don't care anymore. I'm done having my feelings bottled up and ignored. That only made the situation worse for me. My emotions are out of control and I can't control my emotions, not anymore."

"B-but Marinette-"

"I said go Tikki."

And with that, she took her earrings and hastily threw them to Tikki who barely caught them before they hit the floor. Tikki looked sadly at Marinette as she continued to cry deeply. She flew away from her room. But instead of flying to Alya's, she instead flew to Adrien's house

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you mean Ladybug doesn't want to be Ladybug??"

"She's been bottling up her negative emotions for so long that she couldn't bottle them up anymore, and she might become prey for Hawkmoth!"

"What? But that can't happen! She has all of the miraculous-"

"Not anymore. She told all of the kwamis to find their holders."

"So she's just going to get akumatized? And there's nothing we can do about it. What if I learn about her identity?"

"The celestial master of the miraculous will probably teach her the ancient ways to repel an Akuma. She just needs a small break from her duties right now, that's all."

"So why not explain this all to Scarabella?"

"That's who she told me to go to, but she just recently had a fight with her and if she sees her I'm not sure it will help with her state right now."

"So now what?"

"I just wanted you to know about the situation, last time there was another ladybug you nearly cataclysmed her."

"How was I supposed to know that Ladybug told someone else her identity as well as give the person her miraculous?"

"Well, this time you do know. Now I gotta get out of here, the longer Paris doesn't have a ladybug the longer the city is in grave danger!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you happy now?"

We see Alya asking none other than Lila, tears brimming in her eyes. We see them standing in Alya's bedroom, with her angry, tear-filled eyes glaring at Lila. Lila smirks, and answers back with a smug,

"Maybe. I won't be truly happy until she is destroyed."

"You are sick. Marinette doesn't deserve any of this. You made me lie to my best friend, who's not even my best friend anymore because you made me dump her."

"You didn't have a choice. This is all an elaborate plan, and finding blackmail for you and all she holds dear was so incredibly easy. You let me stay with you and your boyfriend's siblings and now they all adore me. Your parents love me and a simple lie about you hurting me for quite some time would get them to go against you so easily. Doesn't that sound familiar...?"

"You did the same with Marinette. You would be willing to hurt so many people who have done nothing to you to destroy someone who only wanted you to be truthful?"

Alya looked at Lila in disgust as she gave an evil smirk. That question didn't need to be answered as it was answered with Lila's evil eyes. Dumbfounded, Alya muttered one last question."Why? 

Why do you hate Marinette so much?"

Lila's smirk changed to a frown of disgust as she groaned in frustration. When she looked at Alya, immense hatred filled her eyes as she opened her mouth to rant about her innermost thoughts of Marinete, and how much hatred she had for her.

"I just hate everything about her! How she thinks that she's so better than me, how she's so smug whenever something goes her way. Adrien is too blind to see how much of a brat she is. Thinking that everyone likes her and that she's so perfect. I became sick of hearing her annoying voice talk to me, acting like she was in control like she would expose me and everyone would love her for it. I'm the only one who sees her for the annoying witch she truly is."

"Get out...GET OUT!"

Alya yells at her with immense anger, tears staining her glasses making her vision blurry. Lila walks away smugly as Alya sobs, hating herself for being allowed to be so easily controlled. She should have believed Marinette, she should have listened to her from the start. They would still be best friends. They would still be as close as ever. And most of all...she would have never been so controlled like a puppet with the master pulling the strings of blackmail making her do whatever the master wants, even if it's against her will.