Chapter 4 - The Reason

"I can't believe she would do this."

"She always was jealous of her."

"But to bully her? That's way too far."

"Alya showed us what happened. The evidence shows the truth. She was like this all along."

Mylene and Rose whispered to each other, just coming back into the classroom after seeing Marinette and Lila. Lila was a sobbing mess, with tears in her eyes, and bruises on her face. She cowered against Marinette, who was talking to her loudly and angrily.  Marinette glared angrily at everyone, yelling that she was innocent. Everyone looked at Lila in shock and horror.  Nino and Ivan helped Lila to her feet, while Rose offered to help clean her wounds before Lila insisted that she did it herself. Alya and Adrien were having a heated argument while the teacher walked Marinette down the hall to the Principal's office. So much chaos; in such little time.

Slowly, everyone except Marinette came into the classroom. Lila crying and talking to Alya, Nino and Adrien seemed to have had a fight; they wouldn't look at each other and they remained silent. After that incident, the tension stayed in the room, for everyone still couldn't believe what they saw. The rest of the day seemed normal enough; the rest of the classes went by and nothing else happened. Alya hesitated before heading down to the bakery. The rest of the class whispered to themselves, talking about what happened in the morning.

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She's making this whole thing up! I didn't do anything!

"M-Marinette...I t-tried so hard to be your friend. I just don't understand why you don't like m-me! I have only tried to be kind to you since d-day one!"

"That's not true at all!"

"Marinette. I know you have never liked Lila since the very beginning. But that is no excuse to hurt her!"

"I can't believe you would do this Marinette!"

"So uncool."

Her classmates glared at her, full of disappointment, shock, and anger. Marinette looked in disbelief at everyone, angry tears filling her eyes. She kept telling everyone that she was innocent, but nobody bothered to listen. Her voice was unheard of by everyone else, and instead they listened to the lies that were spoken by Lila. Soon the teacher came in and escorted Marinette to the principal's office.

She looked pleadingly at Adrien, and as he was about to talk to the teacher Nino stopped him and shaked his head. Marinette looked at with shocked eyes. Even more tears fell down to her face as she ran away from the scene, to a nearby alleyway. She stopped crying to take a breath, her panting heavily as her head throbbed. She sat down and cried, not caring about the time that passed, not caring about people's expressions as they walked past the alleyway. She continued to cry as the principal brought Marinette's parents to his office and explained the situation.

They soon found out that Marinette wasn't there, and realized she was missing. Her parents called the police and they started searching. Adrien's guilt for not saying anything was killing him; he needed to find Marinette and explain himself. But first he had to make sure Marinette was okay. He transformed into Cat Noir, and he started looking with the policemen. Strangely, Ladybug wasn't there. She wasn't searching for Marinette and she hadn't left him any messages explaining her disappearance.

They hadn't made it official that the girl was missing; they would do a few more searches before alerting the press incase it was all a big misunderstanding. As Cat Noir started looking through her room for any clues of why she was missing, Alya came into her room. Reeling in shock, she asked him multiple questions.

"Cat Noir? What are you doing in Marinette's room?"

"Alya. Marinette is missing. I'm checking her room to see if she has any clues."

"...Missing?"

He nodded. Alya's eyes widened in shock. He continued to look around the room, not noticing the rather large amount of pictures Marinette had of him in his civilian life.

"There's nothing here. I'm going to go around the city. I'm sure we will find her soon."

And with that, he ran out of the room. He kept telling himself that everything was going to be okay once they found her. Not noticing that he passed the alley that held in an unconscious Marinette.

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my daughter!"

Sabine exclaimed, Cat Noir holding Marinette in his arms. He had realized he had missed the alley a few hours later, and he went to check on it when he found the sleeping bluenette. Sabine looked in horror as she realized her daughter wasn't awake, ready to hear the worst news a mother could hear.

"She's still breathing. She's only asleep, Miss Cheng."

Sabine let out her breath in relief. She told Cat Noir to lay her down in her room. He did so as he slowly lowered her into her bed, she weakly grasped his arm, begging him to not go. He looked at her in surprise, and just shook it off as her having a nightmare, and not actually talking to Cat Noir. He was about to leave through the trapdoor when she called out his name.

"Cat..Cat Noir? He left me...just like everybody else."

She whispered, unaware that Cat Noir had heard every word. She started sobbing into her pillow, her back to the wall of the pictures of her beloved friends...and the one she loved. She wasn't making much sense, but that was probably because she was tired. Still Cat Noir couldn't bear to hear her cry because of him. But he couldn't do anything about it. So, with a heavy heart he slowly left the room, Marinette still crying, unaware he was there the entire time.

She continued to cry for hours, till her eyes were brimmed red and her head throbbed with pain. Soon enough, she didn't have any tears left to cry, so she just shuddered into her pillow, the day's events replaying into her mind like your least favorite song stuck in your head like a loop. It was painful; torture. She continued being in pain until her mind and body betrayed her, lulling her into a deep sleep, no dreams or nightmares. Just a black screen with nothing to think about.

After a day of resting and crying, her parents informed her that the principal expelled her from the school. Marinette was enraged, but didn't say anything to her parents. Not even they would believe her; no-one did. She went against someone who had won in the end. She had gotten her friends, her happiness. She got the one she loved the most which broke her heart into several pieces. So she did the same thing she could do. Run to her room and let her emotions burst.