Chapter 13 - The Second Battle

As Vesperia kept getting beaten relentlessly, Marinette watched it all happen in sobs, her tears stinging down her throat as she choked, gasping for breath. She didn't want this; her emotions were completely out of control, turning into a horrifying beast no one can tame. Vesperia had never wronged her; she always was a close dear friend. It absolutely shattered Marinettes soul to see herself, her emotions, inflicting so much uncontrolled rage at her.

Another fist to the stomach. Another kick to the throat. Rage kept coursing through my veins as I relentlessly beat up the girls bruised body over and over again. She had it coming; she deserved it. All of them did. And all of them would get their revenge. Oh, how karma is wonderful. And the best of all? I saved the best for the one who ruined my life since the very beginning. The cursed Lila Rossi; trash that stained my life, and everything with everyone in it. She will pay, all of them will pay.

Suddenly, my first poised to punch Vesperia in the cheek got whacked with a metal baton. Snarling I looked instantly at Cat Noir, who threw the baton. He quickly went on all fours and quickly tried to run away but it was in vain effort as I zoomed past the weapons thrown at her and clutched Cat Noirs throat. Instantly, he positioned his hands around here, trying to pry my fingers off as I simply squeezed harder.

I could vaguely hear the screams, yells, and cries of the heroes, begging her to release him, that I was killing him. However all the commotion faded to a dull commotion for me as my eyes grew to slits as I squeezed harder. And harder. Until I felt something inside me. I instantly stop what I'm doing as Cat Noir collapses to the floor, breathing heavily as he tries to regain his breath.

I slowly tutted at him, muttering under my breath for not killing him right then and there. I quickly whispered to him,

"Let's try that again, shall we? This time, I won't stop."

I quickly pick him up again as he weakly protests. I hear the banging of power ups and weapons smacking against my white brim, acting like a shield. Their eyes were bloodshot, lost of hope and filled with pure horror and despair. I laugh at them, a pure cackle of victory and madness. I have won; they have lost. Lila Rossi may have won the battle that broke me.

She may have turned everyone against me, to the point my own family turned their backs against me. She may have made me lose everything. But, I have won the war. Meaning everything she has done to torture, to abuse, and all of the lies she said to inflict pain, and torturing to others will all be coming back to bite her. Oh, how I simply adore karma; it always seems to come at exactly the right time.

----------------

Vesperia slowly opens her eyes, silently yelling in pain as her body screamed in denial as she attempted to get up. Her knees buckled and she immediately fell down the cold hard concrete, scraping the little remainders of her original untouched skin. Her body ached with agony, and her body was beaten and filled with bruises, some a bright red, others an ugly dark purple. Whenever she tried to put pressure on any singular one she winced hard at the singular pain.

Groaning, she looked to the others. At least they are all still okay, Vesperia noticed as she took in her surroundings. As if on a clock, her mind nearly blasted with the realization of the dire situation, which lead Vesperia to have a major migraine as she groaned softly in pain. Dazed, her eyes nearly grew back in shock as she saw Cat Noir being strangled ruthlessly by Princess Justice. Vesperia looked closer at her un-natural eyes, and shivered. She didn't see an ounce of the Marinette she knew and loved.

Instead, her place was taken by some horrific monster who was set on killing all who have wronged her. And she was included as well. Gulping, Vesperia quickly tried to sneak closer to the scene, trying to come up with a plan that could somehow free Cat Noir and escape successfully from Princess Justice's claws safely. She inspected Princess Justice, taking in a closer more deeper search.

Her eyes... They were filled with hatred. A hatred that burns so bright no amount of water in the world can distinguish it. The intensity in her eyes... Was it really the same Marinette she knew and loved? It can't be; Marinette was always so kind and trusting. No one can turn into something like this in two days, can they?

Unless... The others were right. That she really was this horrible person all along. But... It can't be. The girl that got her to open up and enjoy being herself, the girl that was the kindest soul she ever met, the girl she fell in love with... It's not her, it can't be. Not back then, and certainly not now.

Cat Noir was visibly getting weaker and weaker, but there wasn't a way to save him and escape Princess Justice. She will savagely attack mercilessly whoever stands in her way, and her abilities are lightning fast. What can anyone do? How can we stop this? What can give us the tiniest shrivel of hope that we could possibly stand a chance of going against her?

It seems impossible. It felt impossible, and as much as Vesperia hated to admit it, it probably was impossible. At least, that's what she felt until she decided to make an effort to save Cat Noir, to do everything in her power to fight against Princess Justice. Or, at least go down fighting for the Marinette she knew and loved. As she made a single step she noticed the other heroes also watching the scene, and that's when she went up to them, and told them

"We need a plan. It may very well be our last one, but we will go down fighting."

Some seemed terrified. Others seemed unsure. But ultimately all of them stepped up to fight. And that's when they were all ready. To fight until the very end. And this would be the very end... right?