Chapter 7 - Running Away

Marinette was standing in front of a huge wooden board, filled with sticky notes and pictures. There were scribbles and arrows all around the place, all leading to one picture which held Lila's face. As Marinette scribbled, took notes, and went deep into her thoughts, chaos and fire spread around Paris. She was putting another sticky note to the organized yet messy board when Tikki told her that there was an akumatization happening. Marinette groaned in frustration before transforming and quickly went to the scene. Cat Noir was fighting the villain when she threw her yo-yo at the villain, trapping him in as she pulled the string tighter.

"Nice of you to join us m'lady."

"Nice to see you too kitty."

She exclaimed, trying her best to seem happy and joyful, joking around a bit to hide the negative emotions she truly felt. The akumatized villain was set on bringing hate into people's heart, completely obliterating the happiness and joy they might have felt.As the fighting continued, Ladybug pulled out her lucky charm, which oddly enough, was a ladybug version of her handbag; she looked around and knew what she needed to do. But before she could get all the items she needed, the villain suddenly had her cornered into a wall. Cat Noir nowhere to be found. The villain used his powers to create a big ball of magic, with the hatred and anger seeping out of it. She tried her best to put distance between the villain and the ball that he was poised to throw at her.

Suddenly he looked at her straight in the eyes and the ball disappeared, leaving nothing but gray fog as it camouflaged the villain. Ladybug was confused until she heard the villain laugh, and whisper to her ear which left her startled.

"Such hate has already been produced. No need to waste my powers on you."

And with that, the villain disappeared, leaving a very confused Cat Noir and an emotionless ladybug. Cat quickly looked at his lady in confusion, waiting for her to joke it off or quickly dismiss what he said. But she just brushed him off, her tone clear she didn't want to talk about it. Cat Noir decided to leave it for now and talk to her after the villain was defeated. The villain was pretty easy to defeat; a simple taunt from Cat Noir with a disguised trap made by Ladybug and her lucky charm leaving the unakumatized victim on the ground as Ladybug caught the akuma.

"Bye bye little butterfly."

She whispered, unlike her joyful tone. She said in a monotone voice,

"Miraculous Ladybug."

As thousands of glowing ladybugs filled the sky and flew to fix the damages caught by the villain, Cat Noir looked at Ladybug with worried eyes, realizing she'd been acting weird the entire fight. He opened his mouth to ask what was troubling her so much, but she brushed it aside, saying a single word.

"Don't."

"But, M'Lady-"

"Please. Don't"

She was begging him with her eyes. He relented, but his worried eyes persisted. Suddenly, her earrings flashed, symbolizing that she was going to de-transform soon. She left the scene with her yoyo, leaving Cat Noir alone in the awkward silence. He left himself with his baton soon after she left, his mind full of thoughts on what had made his lady so upset.

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Princess Justice was breathing heavily, tears falling down her face. The shock of the entire situation had allowed her to act cocky for such a long time, but the fighting suddenly made the scene so much more clearer. She had lost everyone. Everything. The realization made her choke for breath, white tears staining her unnatural pitch-black skin. Unfortunately for her, Hawkmoth decided to reprimand her while she was blindsided with her negative emotions. She wanted to shut him up right then and there, but she knew it was early, far too early in order for her plan to work. She still needed to do some major steps, and she needed her powers, and him in check in order for the plan to work.

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cat Noir jumped back into the team's planning phase, joining in on the conversation as they discussed whatever weak points they might have seen while the combat occurred. Cat Noir himself was in deep thoughts of the fight, desperately trying to find something that would help them get Marinette back. As they were deep into thinking, Vesperia suddenly recalled something about the way Princess Justice interacted with Cat Noir. She obviously had to have had a crush on him, the way she held his hand, unwilling to fight him. The realization broke Vesperia's heart, as she always had a crush on Marinette. Tears threatening to fall, she shoved the thoughts back into her head.

She wanted to open her mouth, to help bring Marinette back once and for all. But the strength she had was gone; her voice, a careless whisper as useless yelling and arguing was being brought upon the group. So, she decided to stay silent...for now. She looked at Cat Noir, who had seemed to have made the same conclusion; but he too kept quiet, but for different reasons. He would never play with her feelings, as he had made that mistake long ago. He had no desire to break her heart again, for she was a dear friend of his. So he kept quiet and waited for the useless shouting and yelling to stop. He sighed, knowing that the team was an unorganized mess without Ladybug. Which left him wondering....where was his lady?

As he thought and wondered, and the team uselessly fought and yelled, Vesperia kept silent, which to her felt just as bad as telling the horrible truth that she realized, that the one she loved simply fell in love with someone else. And why wouldn't she? Cat Noir was brave, smart, and handsome. Why did she ever think she actually stood a chance against someone like that? She had previously thought she had a crush on Adrien, the way her eyes filled with love and admiration whenever she was daydreaming or talking about him. But it seems as though she had everything jumbled and confused.