Chapter 8 - Planmaking

Princess Justice looked at the mess of superheroes and gave a triumphant smile. Without her, they fell apart so easily. She was the only reason they could work well together; the only reason they functioned as a team. And without her, they were lost on how to find a way to defeat her. She was simply too powerful, and much more experienced than any single one of them, except for one person; Cat Noir. She knew that he was a dangerous enemy, but if she could manipulate to the point he believed she's an ally...

She simply watched as they fought, unaware she was listening, watching. Her eyes glazed over the useless fighting as she went over her plan one last time. It was risky; there was a big chance it wouldn't work. But if it did work? Well, it would simply hit three birds with one singular, dangerous stone. She snapped back to attention as Vesperia yelled over the chaos to get their attention.

"Guys! All of this bickering is costing us precious time! We need to figure out a plan and we need to figure out how to work together, as a team!"

"What do you think we've been trying to do? Make a plan!"

"Oh, so you have a plan? Let's hear it."

Vesperia's glare at Rena left her a bit scared, and she swallowed hard. Something had made Vesperia angry, and she didn't know what to say or what to do to help her. She was not in the mood for arguments, and the bickering of the team did not help her mood. Silently, she made herself a mental note; never make Vesperia mad, otherwise you're in for a not-so-very-good ride. She slowly said her words, not wanting to anger Vesperia even further.

"We were thinking that perhaps Cat Noir could maybe act a bit, seeing as she has a thing for him-"

"No."

The simple word caused the plan to go down in flames. The team looked at the voicer in shock, as the tone was held back in rage. It was Cat Noir, looking at them in disgust and seemingly shocked that they would think he would do that. Cat Noir would never play with someone's feelings; too long has it been caused, too long has it caused heartbreak and problems. He silently vowed to himself that he would never play with someone's feelings like that. It was immature, disgusting, and downright cruel.

They looked at him for a while, and he stared at them right back. They refrained from saying anything opposing his words, as they silently looked at each other and realized they were back to square one; with no plan, no teamwork or coordination, or any idea on how to defeat Princess Justice; she was simply too strong, too powerful. She could take many of them at once, and they tried working together to defeat her, but the ribbons made it hard to attack or dodge. And there wasn't a way to destroy or escape the ribbons without using their powers. They were stuck they realized; completely utterly stuck.

Vesperia sighed and realized she needed to do something. She had the ladybug miraculous; she needed to create the plan and save the day. But, how could she do it? She wasn't ladybug; she wasn't nearly as experienced. She hasn't even fought at all; just simply running to the villain and using her power of immobilization to freeze the opponent in their tracks. What they were asking of her was impossible; she should have never taken the ladybug miraculous. She looked down at the ground in shame. She looked at the team with helplessness in her eyes, and they seemed to have looked at her in understanding. She took a deep breath, and decided to think. Finally, she realized she hadn't used her ladybug powers, which would provide a needed object to defeat the villain.

"Lucky charm!"

The power created a mirror, painted red like her costume, with black dots all over the object. She looked at herself in the mirror, silently observing the object while making a plan which could possibly be in need of an ordinary object as such.

"She wants revenge on Lila, right?"

"It doesn't make any sense! Lila hasn't done anything but show us the truth! Her powers must be forcing people to say whatever she wants them to say!"

"It doesn't matter what you think! What matters is that she is going after Lila, and we can do something knowing this information!"

"But we can't put Lila in harm's way!"

"We won't! We just need to use her as a distraction, like bait."

As the team organized the idea into a fully-fledged plan, they actually started to work together, as a team. And they thought to themselves, we actually have a chance this time. As they assigned each role to the hero with the corresponding power, strengths, and advantages, they soon found themselves with a plan that had a high chance of success. They left the rooftop in search of Lila, not noticing that Princess Justice was there with them the entire time. She was rather impressed by the plan they created, almost incredibly similar with the sort of plans she created. Nevertheless, it was too late for them to have any sort of chance against her.

As the heroes patrolled the city, looking for any sign of Princess Justice or of Lila, they didn't realize that one of their heroes was missing. An important one at that, heavily needed for their plan. No conversation was made; small sounds echoed throughout the city amidst the roars of fire and yells of terror and chaos. This was what made taking the vital hero so unbelievably easy for Princess Justice, a mere binding to the mouth as the ribbons trapped his body inside. His muffled cries were of no avail; no one listened to the small muffled sounds as they were too invested in trying to see any hint of Princess Justice or Lila. The trapped hero soon realized that as he stopped restraining himself against the bind that had him stuck.

She briefly looked around them to make sure that no one saw or noticed the disappeared hero; when she was sure she looked at him smugly. Before he could use his power to get out, she merely let out a blunt warning.

"If you waste your cataclysm on trying to free yourself, another ribbon will simply bind you again. Best not to waste your powers; that's simply no fun."

Cat Noir looked at her, clearly taken aback and stunned. Then, he slowly caved in, accepting his fate of being stuck; for the time being anyways. Princess Justice noticed, but she was still tense; she did not for one second believe that Cat Noir would accept his fate. As she walked around, she decided to tease him a bit, making him prey for her words.

"I must admit, Vesperia does know how to make a good plan."

Cat Noir looked at her in shock.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, the plan with Lila being used as bait? It was a good plan, and you guys were actually able to work together for once."

He looked at her, not wanting to believe she heard the entire plan, that the one time they were able to work together went to waste before the plan could even start.