Chapter 11 - Madness

As the heroes continued to inspect and throw objects at the white brim, they quickly lurched back in shock as the white light suddenly transformed into a dark purple color as commotion and yelling were heard from inside the fortress seeming brim.

Suddenly the dark purple slowly flickered, as though it was losing in a battle of control as the brim squirmed and lost the original shape. The heroes look to each other, completely utterly lost on what is happening and how to stop it.

While they helplessly looked at the brim, it suddenly exploded with a magical surge, so powerful it threw everyone back far away, some heroes being thrown hard at concrete buildings, more fortunate ones being thrown into the glass ones. Some had their head knocked by street lamps, and mostly everyone simply got thrown across a few feet and landed on the ground without any extra impact made.

Quickly, the others started searching for the fallen heroes in an attempt to regroup. The ones that took the heaviest blows were the ones with the least energy as their bodies screamed with pain. As the others inspected the bodies, Vesperia walked up to Cat Noir, her eyes bloodshot and cold.

"We aren't going to win this, are we?"

Her words were flat with no emotion. He looked at her and shock, then practically deflating as his cat ears drooped. That gesture was answer enough but he found it in himself to be at least a tiny bit optimistic.

"We just need to find the weakpoint of this... Thing and figure out another plan. Easy peasy."

He said, slowly sounding more like his usual, laidback cocky self. He even attempted a grin to ressaure her, though it ended looking like a half smirk which didn't quite meet his face. His ears slowly dropped for a second as well before springing back up into action.

She gave him a look which clearly stated she did not buy his poor act one tiny bit. She let out a small grumble of desperation. There had to be a way to defeat Princess Justice; but this new leveling up of power was new. It was powerful, and the shaky coordination of the team was a major setback. Not to mention that their vital team member Ladybug disappeared as well.

The situation seemed completely and utterly hopeless. Vesperia couldn't help but bring down herself, blaming herself for not trying harder for not being good enough to bring the team together. She blinked back tears at the helpless situation and looked around. The team was injured, some hurt more than others.

She walked over to the team, and tried talking over the frantic shouts and whispers. She tried again as her voice was drowned in a sea of noises. Her self esteem as low as it's ever been, she stood there defeated until Cat Noir stepped in.

He yelled out at the crowd and they were instantly silenced. They looked up to him, he knows more than they do. He would be a great leader; better than Vesperia. Accepting defeat she stood down and looked up to him, a half smile reaching her lips. He instead himself stood down. Silence and tension filled the air.

They looked at him in confusion; why had he stepped down? He then turned to look at Vesperia, and gave a smile. Completely confused, she looked at him, not knowing what exactly what he was planning. To her utter shock, he stood down and looked up at her, looking completely sure.

The others looked at him in shock and confusion, then turned to look at Vesperia. They appeared indecisive and unsure. She quickly deflated, as she knew she was a bad choice. She was no leader, she was always born to follow. To follow other people mindlessly, born a slave to her mother, sister, everyone.

She didn't even know why she believed Tikki earlier that day. It was now obviously clear that her judgment was very, very wrong.

Zoe was just about to transform into Vesperia when out of nowhere Rena Rouge and a weird red kwami came to her flying. She was shocked at the scene; she had only seen two kwamis so far, and the red and black poka dot pattern was a clear give away to who's kwami it belonged to.

Once Vesperia realized what they were about to ask her, she started to shake her head. Oh no no no no. She slowly walked away from the two, making her refusal clear as she continued to back up slowly away from them.

They pleaded out to her, begging her. They needed her to have the ladybug miraculous, only for a little while. She told them her fears, her hesitations. All the reasons why they shouldn't choose her; yet Tikki took all of this in and continued to smile, continue to persist to tell her that she was the chosen one.

Vesperia was at an utter loss for words. She didn't know how to convince them that they got a mistake; that they got the wrong person. She would lead them all to defeat, somehow find a way to botch it all up. She knew she would; mistakes were all she could make.

She was a mistake herself; an affair baby made from no love but rather known as a mistake made by Audrey. Still Andre treated her like she was his blood; still she was welcomed and loved by all of her friends and the workers in the hotels.

She didn't deserve to be loved; she didn't deserve anything at all. She stood in the shadows, not contributing anything to anyone. Not friendships, relationships, or her own family. Why bother when your whole life was never supposed to happen in the first place?

Still they persisted. They encouraged her and helped me get on her feet and fight. And for that, Zoe was forever grateful.

She looked at the team with newfound determination and an aura of leadership. The others looked at her in shock before eventually looking at her with new respect and admiration. They had found their leader.