9 : The Chase

Sejin's POV :

This mother- hoo! Calm down, Sejin-ah, it's not worth the time to be annoyed and/or irritated by this son of a carp.

I saw Kastein's eyes twinkle in interest before blinking back to his once cold and indifferent attitude. I couldn't help but weep inside, he's one of my favourite side characters, he was a gentleman but a beast in be-

Shut up, Sejin, focus on the goal.

We're not here to simp, okay? Okay!

"So, my prince?"

He questioned with a challenging glare which I returned but sighed once I couldn't fight with my bubba. He's hot okay, even if he stomped on me, I'd still be coming back to him! 😤

Curse his manly aura and handsome face!

I let out a light hmp and crossed my arms on my chest and turned my head away from him. Seeing my reaction, he reached out for my hand and brought it to his face with a puppy look as he looked straight into my eyes.

His gaze softened at my stunned look. We were lost in each others eyes, his captivating ones held mysteries and stories of wonder and tales. He was one of my favorite characters because of how he had captivated many players before.

He was a good-looking one in his own way.

The light atmosphere between us were broken by a loud scream of what seems to be my name. Must be Aries who finally realized my missing presence in the bakery store.

I snatched my hand from his hold and glared at him.

"It seems you forgot that touching a prince without his permission is considered disrespect."

I stated with a raised brow and a pointed look; his expression started to turn grim and a glint of panick replaced the love-stricken one in his eyes.

"ah! i-i..forgive me for this mistake, My prince.."

He said in a frantic voice, he would have stand if not for his legs, then his eyes turned down to glare at his bottom body cursing it for the first time after the accident.

Hmmm, what a gullible son...

However, I am not entirely sure if my prince title would still hold the same respect, devotion, love and support it once did before my brother's birth.

"Hmm, I'll forgive you if you will grant me a wish."

I smirked inwardly when I saw his face contorted into a dog wanting to please their master.

"What is it then, my prince?"

"I'll tell you once we meet again."

I said whilst glancing around to see if Aries had noticed my presence. I could not afford him noticing my presence infront of my father's right-hand's son.

I can't trust that male yet.

"B-but-"

Catching a glimpse of my butler's figure, I hurriedly composed myself and turned aroubd ready to bolt out of Kastein's premises but not before waving and sending him a wink as good bye.

"Fuck!"

I exclaimed once Aries' noticed my running figure and we immediately engaged in a game of tag. Bitch, I ain't losing this shit, fuck my pride, my dignity first!

I quickly ducked my head under a piece of wood used for building a house carried by two men on each end of the wood. Fuck this shit, I'm not letting any dirt settle on my clothes today!

Smiling with glee, I turned a sharp corner almost bumping into someone but who cares? No one, well atleast not me, heh.

"Y-young master!!"

Aries' voice echoed through the bustling crowd of people who were going around the shops, looking around to buy something for themselves. I proceeded to advance through the crown with gusto and a free-spirited smile.

Once I thought that I made some distance from Aries', I decided to turn my head to peek behind my back. My smile staggered in my steps, my eyes widening a fraction,

Aries was charging towards my direction like a bull who was provoked.

I could almost see him letting out smokes like a speeding train.

"Oh shit.."

He ignored his surroundings, bumping to people and/or the shopkeepers standing outside their respective stores hoping to attract and convince customers to buy their products.

Seeing as he won't stop, I quickly stumbled to run even faster. I felt the sweat dropping from my forehead and I immediately fumbled through my pockets, and taking a clean white cloth handkerchief to wipe it away.

Feeling the distance between Aries and I shorten, I disregarded my disheveled look and took another turn with velocity.

Fuck, I'll feel the ache strongly later, let's regret that much later too but for now let's run as if my life depended on it.

I smiled once I saw the gates of my estate.

Looking back again, I saw Aries panting lightly and hurriedly run inside the gates which the knights called for with confusion.

"Young master!?"

"A BULL IS AFTER ME!!! CLOSE THE GATttES!"

Which they immediately did, closing in on Aries' dumbfounded and panting face. Going inside the estate with a victorious look, I ordered the maids to prepare my bath with urgency.

Later that night, Aries cried asking why I suddenly ran away. He ranted that I wasn't in the shop anymore with Shan and him and he panicked, thinking that I went missing like before or ran away because I'm not satisfied with his service.

He made the word 'service' sound so like we were lovers who met in a brothel and I ran away from him after doing the deed.

I pushed his face away from me and with an annoyed look, I complained,

"You were the one who startled me! You started chasing me as if you were 'bout to murder my ass!!"

"I-i wasn-"

"It was a fight or flight mode!!!"

"But you shouldn't be afraid because I wasn't trying to!!"

He countered.

"Then, you shouldn't have looked like you were a provoked bull!!!!"

I panted after ending my complaints and slapping his hand away from my hips and feet. He was massaging my aching muscles, that's why.

I'm ending future misunderstandings here.

I watched as Aries' face dropped and his shoulders slumped dejectedly. I'm not falling for that thrice.

A day passed by, just like yesterday, Kalev came marching inside the estate as if he owns it, with a smile of innocence. He pulled me outside after having breakfast with me.

Seriously, I'm not even gonna try to stop him..

I packed a descent amount of sanitizer in my space ring and gloves, lots of it. As well as, a handkerchief to hopefully wipe my brother's smiling face.

But then I'm hoping for too much.

"Brother!"

I sighed, annoyed by the fact that I'm being a pushover right now, haaaa, and as my cousins say, I am becoming a pushcart..

"Brother!!!"

Fuck.

"ALFUCKING RIGHT!!!"

I said through gritted teeth which the other Varlette prince replied with a careless and lively grin of his own. Oh, god, grant me enough patience, I'm begging you.

Someday, I'm gonna really turn myself into a villain.