12 : The Negotiation

"That's a good idea.."

Sejin and Kalev had been discussing the youngster's business idea for the better of the kingdom. The young prince told Sejin that even though on the outside, Varlette has been expanding its regions and trading routes,

It's no doubt that the kingdom is close to emptying their treasury.

Half of the money was spent on the renovation of the roads from Varlette to Hainū Kingdom- the place of wonders and mysteries. And half of it was allocated to the kingdom's emergency supply budget, establishment buildings and such.

The opening of a new authentic product that is yet to appear in the market is a great opportunity for them.

And Sejin saw great potential for his tailored summer attire to bloom and boost the economic standpoint of the kingdom.

"Aries.."

The diligent man step forward, his head inclined in salutation.

"Would you mind writing a letter to Mr. Takamura."

"The business' guild's Master?"

Receiving an approving nod from his master, Aries inquired about the content that's to be written on the parchment of paper. After a while, the young butler bowed in respect for the Princes and left them in the care of the maids.

Whilst all of this is happening, Kalev carefully watched their interaction. The young prince noticed how Aries would look at his brother with an unknown glint in his dark orbs.

"Thank you.."

Aries bowed and saluted before leaving the two in the care of the maids whose occasionally pouring them an amount of tea.

"Who is he?"

He inquired,

"My butler.."

Sejin replied in a toneless voice whilst all his attention was on the jiggling cake on a serving plate,

"I mean, who is he to you beside being a butler?"

"...", Sejin glanced to him with a quizzical look which the youngster deduced the situation as fast as lightning. His once frowning face was suddenly replaced by a cheerful smile.

"I get it. Then shall we continue, Brother?"

Sejin raised his brow; Kalev seems more lively after his silence.

'What was he to me?'

He questioned however he cannot come up with an answer other than Aries just being the head butler of his estate. The capable butler's performance was outstanding just like what was told in the game.

Aries. No one had uncovered his backround, and that he was just a no-surnamed person from the slums. But many speculated that this male lead is someone of importance.

'Just a pity that no one had unveil his story'

"Brother, are you listening?"

"Yeah."

"Good! So I was asking when are you going back to the Academy?"

He's right. Sejin was busy renovating and redecorating the estate that he forgot of the days he has been in his own safe space. The rumours also died down by the fourth day of the week because of the King's order.

The King did not take his title and instead gave him a title of 'Homo Est Momenti' or a person of importance under his princely title angering mang officials of the palace courthouse.

"Maybe tomorrow.."

Yeah, the second day of the academy week is better. Sejin wants his second grand entrance to be sublime; he wants everyone to know especially the officials opposing his comeback- that although he was no prince, he was just as important.

And as a the only known Ice holder in their kingdom, there will be tens of emissary coming soon.

"Brother.."

"Hm?"

"Why don't you live in the Palace?"

A deafening silence engulfed the air around them, and the only the peaceful sway of nature around accompanied such noiseless atmosphere.

Kalev sat stiffly on his seat. His brows knitted in displeasure. When he was young, his mother would always interrupt him from visiting his brother's chamber, and he would occasionally inquire onto why he shouldn't.

Yet no one was brave enough to tell the young him.

As time goes by, he stopped his desire and focused on his studies and became a perfect fit for the throne.

His thoughts were interrupted,

"Why should I?"

Kalev was taken aback by his brother's indifferent reply, why should he? Because he need him! He was the only bridge that connects everyone in place!!!

Everyone loved him! He loves him!

"Because you're a prince.."

"A prince of no importance, that is."

The young prince gritted his teeth. How could his brother think this? It was no secret that his parents dearly loved him, he was the treasure of their kingdom and yet,

And yet, he chose to run away from his own people- his kingdom.

He couldn't understand what happened, no one told him. His parents just informed him that his beloved brother ran away- no traces left behind to begin the investigation of his disappearance.

"How did you come to that conclusion? You are important, Brother.."

No matter how frustrated he is, no matter how he wanted to yell in order for his brother to understand his notion... It wasn't a very clever decision to do so.

However, it seems so that his statement and sentiment did not reach his brother at all: Sejin scoffed at the word 'important', when was he important? if he was an important figure in the palace,

His parents wouldn't drive him away from their embrace, his chamber would have belonged to him even after Kalev was born, the maids would've followed his commands even after everything..

That's their definition of 'important' ? Then was it his fault that he became the Villain of everyone's eyes?

If so, then he doesn't want to be 'important'.

Kalev climbed his carriage when noon has come, his face downcast for the result of his probing- it was worthless. His brother refuses to converse with him after giving him a foolish look.

Their morning meeting was cut short after the young Lord of the estate had proclaimed that he no longer wanted his presence in his abode.

'All was in vain'.

Kalev wanted to know 'why' and 'how' or maybe what could have happened in the past that forever scarred his brother that made him built an invisible high wall between their sibling relationship.

He didn't know what to do. His mission is simple yet he couldn't help but think about the progress he had made in the last week that all came tumbling down with just an innocent question.

What was the mistake that he had partaken for his brother to show him resentment rather than adoration.

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

This story is already uploaded on Webnovel with the same title and author. Please check it out.

I had also uploaded advanced chapters there already so if you want to read them, please visit me there!

Thank you!