13 : The Suspicious

Sejin's POV

It wasn't me.

The lingering emotion of resentment inside this vessel had fuel my own negative emotions thus rejecting the advances of my brother.

However, could you blame me? Or the original Sejin?

After years of no rescue, no one to guide him, the moon abandoning his child upon seeing his worthless state. The disappointed moon had gone far away seeing as their children succumb to a path of no return.

Which almost happened to the original Sejin.

In my last world, many were angered of Sejin's stupidity, he was only 8 when he can manipulate the shape of Ice, 9 when he can already summon the spirits of cold and, he was 10 when he was already strong enough to kill the blacks.

Ironic, isn't it?

A child of Ice, strong, mighty and powerful was kidnapped?

Even then, the children of the Ice god could have fought their executors however they chose to go and die.

Why is that? It was a question that even I couldn't answer given that I have past knowledge about this game.

"It's no game."

I glanced beside me, Levi sat with grace on the carriage seat in front of me. He wore a pretty lilac bow around his neck, his fur was combed thoroughly presenting him more with a gentle and behave image.

I coughed a silent giggle at my thoughts.

"What!"

His beastly brows furrowing in displeasure. I sent him a dismissive wave and gesture to my window which he leaned to.

"I want an honest answer: why do Ice Holders let themselves be taken away?"

Levi's furrowed brows deepen at my curiousity, it seems like he did not expect me to notice such a plothole. He was silent for a few minutes, still looking outside rather than glancing at me.

What could be so important for him to hide such ridiculous answer?

It was a simple question yet he makes a big deal out of it.

"Why do you think gods choose their holders?"

Seeing as he won't share an insight with me, I let out a regreful sigh then he suddenly asked me in return,

"Because they are capable of handling their elements...?"

I replied with a questionable tone, confusion laced in my voice but he didn't point it out rather he turned back to me. Levi's eyes weren't playful or teasing as it usually was,

His eyes were a deeper shade of gold than usual and now there seem to be stars hiding in there. His soft mane swayed more gently and slow exuding a ineffable feeling sending an electric reaction down Sejin's spine.

Goosebumps as they call it.

And I wasn't able to get a reply or an answer from him.

I sighed for who knows how many time I had been doing it for the past hour. After Levi looked at me like that, he ignored my existence and jumped off the carriage upon stopping at the gates of the Academy.

Surely, there's more to the game than it lets on and I hope that it doesn't catch up to me.

"Ah!"

Not noticing it, I accidentally bumped with someone, her surprise squeal coming after and I had to balance myself before I fall like her.