• Chapter 04 •

There he was, sitting in a pool of blood with bites on his legs, arms, and a horrible belly wound

There he was, sitting in a pool of blood with bites on his legs, arms, and a horrible belly wound. As they approached him, his fearful eyes met theirs and with great difficulty, he asked for help.

"What have they done to you?", Artur asked, getting close to him.

"Just... get me out of here... before they come back...", the man managed to say.

"You're one of Archie's friends...", Noira says, taking a closer look at him. "You went to Moon's workplace a few days ago..."

"Guys, we should hurry... Last thing I want right now is to fight someone.", Ace whines.

With some effort, they managed to put him on his feet and put him on Artur's back, given he was the strongest one there, physically.

"Ok, let's go.", Artur fixed his posture and started walking.

Due to the severe pain the man was feeling, he grunted; soon after, they heard howls not far from there.

"They know we're here. We gotta hurry...", Ace looked at the distance. "It won't be good if we end up having to use or magic..."

They moved fast, looking to heir back from time to time.

A few minutes later, which seemed like an eternity, they could already see the sign of Barlows, and further ahead, the entrance to Gray's house.

"Since when does Dafoe use a cane?", Artur asks, painting.

"How the hell would we know..."

"Yeah, you're the one who knows him...", Ace says.

"Guys... They're here. Ace, be ready.", Noira muttered.

A loud howl on their left made them stop.

A big brown wolf with green eyes was two blocks away, in the middle of the street, growling at them. Soon, other wolves began to appear around, trapping them. Five in total, angry that they had saved the man. Dafoe watched everything from afar, calm as ever.

"As much as I would love to kick their asses, if I get herself in trouble, she'll lock me up.", Noira says. "So, when I say run, we'll all run toward that old man..."

Noira lifter both arms and swirled a big wind toward the wolves, throwing them far from them.

"Run!"

With some difficulty, Artur ran carrying the man on his back, Ace trying to help by holding him from behind, and Noira behind them, keeping an eye on the wolves, that were now regaining consciousness.

As soon as they stepped on the white marble stairs, Noira turned in time to see the wolves knocking on what seemed to be an invisible wall; Dafoe's cane touching the floor. After a few whispers she didn't understand, Dafoe signaled the friends to follow him, saying that it wouldn't be good if Gray knew what they had just done.