15- A plan

Daniella's P.O.V.

Do you ever wish you could go back and undo something? Something that could change your life forever?

I think about that all of the time.

I'd stop my Dad from smoking.

I'd stop my brother from taking on a suicide mission to protect me and I would have packed up our stuff and gone on the run with him.

I was sitting on the ledge of my window bench seat in my dark room, thinking as I looked down at two pictures that I could see by moonlight. One was with my Dad and I in Costa Rica. Our arms were around each others back as we smiled happily at the camera on a bridge in the Monteverde Cloud Forest. The other one was with my brother and I when he first brought me to the United States and we were out celebrating our new apartment together.

I was so happy.

Letting out a sigh, I put the pictures down on my lap and looked out the window at the busy streets of Los Angeles.

It's a different kind of pain when you don't cry anymore.

There are two types of pain in this world... the pain that hurts you and pain that changes you. A smile hides so much... your fears, your pain, your sadness but it also reflects one true thing... your strength.

My phone vibrated, breaking me from my thoughts. Picking it up from beside me, I saw it was Axel. Axel was the leader of the Scorpions here in L.A. Him and his crew took over the territory the gang my brother and I helped take down when we rescued Alyssa and we've had a mutual trust ever since. After my brother died, I knew I would never be able to win against the men coming after me so I went to Axel. He didn't know all the details or what exactly happened to my brother but he knew enough and since he promised my brother he would look after me if anything happened to him, he brought me in.

I didn't work for Axel but I helped him out every once in a while and became close over the years. I wanted him to keep me in the loop if he heard of anything or anyone here that wasn't supposed to be in case the men looking for me came around.

"Hey."

"Hey Dani. I have to make this quick. Did you know the Rynes Mafia is in town?"

Of course I did but I assumed they had left. It's been just over a week since they were in my apartment and I haven't heard a word from them since. Silas on the other hand has been calling me and texting me everyday since but he never mentioned if he was here.

"I knew they were... are they still here?"

"Yes. The L.A. Kings plan on killing Derek Rynes and his men tonight."

I sat up quickly. "What?"

"Can you imagine the hell that would be brought to Los Angeles if they take down Derek Rynes?"

"Fucking damnit." I got up and started getting dressed. "I need more details, Axel."

"Word on the streets is Sebastian is looking for weapons and buying a ton from Derek. After their deal, he plans on killing him."

"They will never succeed at this."

"I'm well aware. I have thought of every plan possible to stop this from happening but there's really no good way so we are going to try and warn someone. I also thought you should know because like I said, hell will rain down if the Kings succeed and I know you have history-"

"I'm going to stop them!"

"No you're not. Are you insane? Dani, this isn't up for discussion. I didn't tell you this information so you would walk into the tiger's den. They're in the middle of a deal."