32- Life and Death

Daniella's P.O.V.

Silas and the other guys went into Derek's office as soon as we got back from paintballing.

I was sitting around the table with the girls, helping prepare our dinner when there was a knock on the door. One of Derek's men let Leo in, he nodded over to us and headed straight for the office not saying a word.

Something was wrong.

Ten minutes later my phone rang.

Axel.

I got up to head outside.

"Dani, where are you going?"

"It's Axel. I'll be right back."

*******

Silas' P.O.V.

We were sitting in Derek's office, talking when Leo walked in.

"Leo, is everything okay?" Derek questioned.

"No. Anthony isn't in Spain anymore."

My heart sank. "Leo, where is he?"

"Our contact said he's here in the U.S."

"Do we know where?"

"Not yet but if I had to guess, I'd say New York City."

All of a sudden I heard Sofia scream. None of us had time to respond before Derek was up and the first out the door.

When we got to the living area, Thea was holding Sofia as she screamed no over and over again.

"Baby, what happened?" Derek asked, taking the phone out of her hand.

"He has Noah!"

"Who?"

"Anthony. Curtis said his men ambushed the car that was bringing him home from school. Derek... our baby." Sofia sobbed in his arms.

Derek had tears in his eyes as he spoke. "We will bring him home. That's a fucking promise, Doc."

"Where's Daniella?" I asked, looking around.

"She wanted me to give you this." Naomi said, handing me a phone.

"Naomi, what's happening?"

She started crying. "I couldn't stop her. She got a phone call from Axel and came back inside when Sofia got the call about Noah. Dani and Alyssa just left."

I grabbed her arms, trying to contain my emotions. "Where did they go?"

She shook her head. "I don't know. She said she would call you. I think Dani is going to take Noah back... like a heist."

"Jesus fucking Christ." I ran my hand through my hair. "Naomi, could Axel be working with Anthony?"

"I don't think so. Dani and him are close and honestly I don't think he would hurt her."

"I'm calling Gray. If we take down Anthony here in New York it has to be semi legal, Si."

"Like hell."

*******

Daniella's P.O.V.

Axel was doing business with another gang in California when Anthony's name was brought up and he started asking questions, finding out Anthony was in the States but didn't know where.

So many thoughts were running through my head when Sofia got that phone call from the driver, taking his final breath to say that Noah was taken.

To take a Mafia Boss's child was one thing... but taking a grandchild from Aaron Hale took some balls and Anthony was looking for a fight.