24- The truth shall set you free

Daniella's P.O.V.

The next morning, Silas and I walked downstairs hand and hand and went into the living room with everyone else

"Good morning you two. You missed supper last night and breakfast this morning." Sofia said, smiling over at us.

Silas pulled me down on his lap on the chair. "Sorry about that Fi, we were... talking and then we went to bed early."

Nico got up, shaking his head. "Gross."

Aaron chuckled. "Yeah, you both look well rested." Thea elbowed his side, making everyone laugh except Nico, who grumbled under his breath as he went into the kitchen.

"I saved you both a couple cinnamon rolls. I can heat up for you whenever you're ready."

Silas looked over at me. "I don't know about you, but I'm starving."

I smiled as I gave him a quick kiss. "Me too."

"I can heat them up Sof. You relax." Silas said as he led us both into the kitchen.

We were finishing our cinnamon rolls when the guys joined us at the table. Derek smiled over at Silas as I picked up our dishes and brought them over to the sink. "So, we made some new weapons. You want to test them out today?"

"Yes. What did you make?"

"A new handgun and tweaked the Terminator a little." Derek wiggled his eyebrows. "She's fast."

Thea came over to me with a fussy baby in her hands. I was drying off my hands when she looked at me with desperate eyes. "Would you mind holding Lucas while I make his bottle? It will go so much faster, Aaron's on a call right now."

Before I could protest she handed him over. Lucas started whaling in my arms and I had no idea what to do.

Most woman, taking care of babies and kids comes easy, knowing exactly what to do and how to nurture them... me, I had no clue what I was fucking doing.

I stood frozen, trying not to make eye contact with him when I felt a warm hand on my back. Silas came around taking Lucas from my arms and I finally let out the breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Hey little man, shhhh. Mommas getting your milk." Silas cooed.

My heart swelled seeing how good he was with Lucas.

"Are you alright?" Silas whispered to me.

"No. I've never held one of them before."

Which is a good reminder to not forget my birth control.

"You just have to bounce and sway them a little." Lucas stopped crying as Silas continued rocking him back and forth, settling him. "He's just hungry."

"Thank you so much you guys." Thea grabbed Lucas and put the bottle into his mouth, making him fully happy now.

Silas smiled down at me. "Derek wants to show me some new weapons, would you like to join us?"

I got a huge smile on my face, forgetting about that traumatic experience I just encountered. "Oh my God, I was hoping you would ask. Of course I will, I love guns." I turned towards Derek and the others, "as long as it's okay with everyone."

"It's fine with me." Derek confirmed. "Have you ever shot a gun before?"

My smile widened. "Oh yeah."

"Great." He smirked before looking over at Sofia. "Sof, Daniella wants to shoot. You should come too, you need practice."

"Excuse me. I can shoot just fine, thank you very much." Sofia said defensively.