Chapter 3: Blue

At least that's one mystery solved. The only complicated thing to do would be making an excuse for Furina. And make sure that he doesn't get suspected as a kidnapper or something. He's already gotten sick and tired of being a criminal in EVERY nation. 

But then again, he's never been one for laws. He honestly uses the law book Yanfei gives him as a bed time story. Because it's just that boring. 

He walks past the Mekas and Gardes busy searching. He makes his way to Hotel Deboard and opens the door. The smell of freshly cooked food filled his nose instantly. He really wanted to eat right now... But dinner always tastes better with friends and family.

He went to the Hostess and placed his order. 

"That'll take around 20 minutes. Is that okay?" She asked.

"I can wait. I trust in this place's quality," Aether replied. He took a seat on a nearby table. The only thing is... What will he do to pass the time. He gets that 20 minutes to him feels like 7 to him but...

Being bored stretches that by a wide amount. 

He's already fulfilled all the commissions for the day. Also all the bounties for the week. He's uncovered and fought all the toughest enemies he's faced so far. Fontaine's domains are no joke. But he still had to add fighting the Ley Line's memory of Apep's immune system and the Raiden Shogun to his list of fights to get stronger.

It's all for getting to the ends of this world in one piece. To get to Lumine. And to survive for everyone who loves him. 

Heh. Survival. 

He's almost died several times in Fontaine. The sea life are stronger than their fragile appearance might give off. If it wasn't for Paimon feeding him a fried egg underwater, he might've breathed his last up against the two legendary stingrays. If the Nation of Justice is this tough, then how much harder would the Nation of War will be?

He honestly can't tell if he's getting stronger if these enemies are giving him a run for his money. 

His attention to his thoughts was interrupted by the sudden opening of the hotel's main door. A familiar journalist ran as quick as her legs can carry her and take the seat adjacent to his. She says with bated breath, "You're... really... hard... to find." 

"Hi, Charlotte," He said, slightly amused. "Another interview?"

"Duh! Every journalist has been trying to get a hold of you after your declaration!" 

"I'm afraid that you'll be disappointed because I've yet to find her... Since I can't function on an empty stomach."

"Aw...," Charlotte slumped her head on the table. "Wait! I can ask you about another topic!"

"Charlotte, you're my friend. Of course, you've got a free interview."

"Thank you!" Charlotte cleared her throat and opened a notepad. She got her reliable pen and pressed the end of it on her lip. "First question, how are you able to wield the Elements without use of a Vision?"

"Studying the environment around me. Paimon and I tend to study the Elements where they are the most prevalent. For example the winds of Mondstadt helped me learn the flow of Anemo. The constant lightning of Inazuma helped me learn about the crackle of Electro."

"And being in Fontaine helped you learn about the push and pull of Hydro?"

"Precisely. Watching the waterfalls were a huge help in understanding it."

"Okay. How about... What is your hardest battle that you've experienced?"

"Fighting the Raiden Shogun."