Chapter 10: A Little Language Lesson

Love is... utterly confusing. 

It's amusing, too. That's why she loves it. The thrill of seeing the hero save his soon to be lover. The obstacles in the way of their love. The drama that it can ensue. Furina's always wanted to fall in love. It would be even better if it was a hero.

But the hardest part is that she's used being the audience. She's used to being an actress. She's not used to actually experiencing something like actual love. Towards...

The boy who's nonchalantly cuddling her while he's asleep.

Thankfully, he's still asleep. That way he won't be able to hear the fact that her heart is beating rapidly. It's weird how he could literally tear her apart, but is so lovingly gentle. 

She really wants to brush his hair with her hands. Give him a little kiss on the cheek. Whisper something in his ear that only he should hear. But she had to restrain herself. They... were not there yet. 

She hoped that they would be there already. They did share a kiss...

A kiss that she still can't believe actually happened. 

She's still pondering how in the world are they not a couple yet- 

But she knows that all good things take time to achieve. The fact that he's even allowing her to... hold his hand, kiss him and... be around him means that she's on the right track. 

She just watches him as his chest expands and contracts with his breathing. The golden sunlight reflecting on his hair. She really doesn't want to disturb him. It should be boring to anyone else. It's just somebody sleeping peacefully. 

There's no action. No drama. No conflict in sight.

And yet, Furina was hopelessly entertained. 

"Were you just watching me the whole night?" Aether asked, groggily waking up with a bedhead. 

"N-no. I just didn't want to disturb your beauty sleep," Furina replied, yawning elegantly with a palm hiding her mouth. She summoned a bubble with a macaron inside of it, popped said bubble and handed over the macaron. "Breakfast?"

"Nom," He said as he ate it from her hands. Carefully, so that his teeth don't bite down on her fingers... too hard. 

Furina's hand has no idea if she should feel disgusted or... bashful.

"You got some more?" He asked after retracting his mouth from her hand. 

"Of course! Always a pl-pleasure to share desserts with... others," She said, summoning more bubbles with macarons inside of them. She popped the one containing a yellow one. "Here you go."

"Merci," He replied with a sort of strange accent. It was a mix of Mondstadter and Sumerian. Guess he still had to get used to the pronunciation of her people's language. 

Maybe she could teach him a thing or two.

"It's pronounced Mair-see, my dear friend," She retracted the macaron before it even entered his mouth. "Say it again."

"Merci," He said, with an actual proper pronunciation. 

"Good," She hands over the dessert to which he ate it quickly.  

"Are you seriously going to teach me Fontainian like this?" He asked, looking at the bedsheet to make sure that there ain't any crumbs that he has to clean up later on. 

"It... is amusing," Furina smiled. "And I've got plenty of macarons left."

"You're lucky that I'm not in the mood to cook immediately after waking up," He smirked. "Feel free to start, Professor Focalors."

Je T'aimeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें