Fatui AU Part 1: A Monster

Author

Warning. Smut. Like. Unironic. Smut. Also a lot of character death. Like a lot of them.

"My back hurts," Brighella whined. His eyes twitching in discomfort regarding the scratches on his back. He doesn't really regret it. He just didn't expect his lover's nails to be that sharp. Well, not as sharp as the Shogun's blade, but sharp enough to make him bleed. He sat down on a chair. His front facing the backrest as he exposed his back to his trusted healer.

"Did you get into a fight again, Brother?" Qiqi inquired. She summoned her talisman and let it float around him. The familiar cold soothing his entire being and healing his wounds. 

"Not really. I just...," Brighella then realized what he was going to say. He can't say things like these in front of Qiqi. She's like permanently under 12. Or at least, that's what he thinks. "Well, I did get into a fight, but nothing major. Just a friendly spar between a new friend of mine."

"Does your new friend like to scratch you?" She asked, satisfied that his wounds already healed. Still unsatisfied that they left scars on his back. 

"I suppose she does huh?" He chuckled. "...Kinda hope that the scratches I gave her also healed..."

Furina

Contemplating her life decisions

"...Thank Celestia, I wear a coat... and the Statues have healing properties...," Furina said, leaning her head onto the Statue of the Seven. Out of sight of course, it would be embarrassing if her people saw her that way.

'That... Fatui...,' She blushed. 'I can't believe I spent the night with.... What would other me think? I can't believe I just indulged in pleasure while Teyvat's in ruins and Fontaine and Snezhnaya are the only nations that aren't screwed over.'

'...I mean it is a diplomatic motive. He does have ties to the Tsaritsa and I can probably use those connections to be able to prevent the prophecy from happening in Fontaine... Not to mention, that I do need the manpower to help with the sudden surges of Primordial Water.'

She headbutts the Statue once more. 'Am I seriously justifying why I spent the night with him?'

'...Does that make us lovers now? Or are we just friends with benefits? ...Okay, that kinda hurts to think about, but... Okay. Fine. I know I'm in love with him, but I shouldn't... Let that cloud... my judgement... Argh. I should talk to him again... The only problem is... how do I get in touch?'

She then sees a Circin Mage, who looks a lot more like an Inazuman rather than a Snezhnayan and a black haired Mirror Maiden laced with red ropes. She's seen them before. They're Brighella's bodyguards. She then composed herself and began to perform in front of them.

"Halt!" She revealed herself from the Statue and pointed at them. "Where is Brighella? I need to discuss matters with him."

"Last I checked, he is in Sumeru already. He has a visitor that he routinely checks on," The Mirror Maiden replied. "But he will return to Fontaine tonight. Is... there something urgent, Lady Furina?"

"Ah. No matter, I'll just wait for him tonight at the Palais Mermonia. If you see him, tell him that I wish to speak to him once more... We... have some diplomatic matters that we can discuss," She blushed for a second, but controlled it to make it not obvious. 

"I'll be sure to inform him," The Circin Mage bowed before she departed with the Mirror Maiden.

"Why does she smell like Brighella? Did he give her his perfume?" The Mirror Maiden asked.