Abyss Aether AU Part 1: Cursed

Author

Too lazy to make another book so I just wrote it here

Take a break.

His subjects would say.

The Loom of Fate doesn't start for another 400 years and less.  The Abyss will have it's revenge on Celestia. It will come one day. It will come some other day. It will happen. Time is fast to him. He's lived for so long.

But he doesn't want that. Waiting is so painful. Waiting is harsh, long and boring. 

He wants the Sustainer dead. He needs the Archons on their knees and Celestia to fall. 

This world took his beloved sister away and he's going to do everything in his power to destroy it as revenge. It's immature. It's pointless. It's going to cause more harm than good. But he doesn't care. He's doing it for himself. He's aware. Just for himself.

Just a selfish wish of a being who's lived for so long he's seen life as pointless.

What's the point when you don't have family?

What's the point when you've failed your purpose?

What's the point in learning how to live again when everyone, everything and everyday looks the exact same?

He doesn't know. 

But walking helps. Just traveling in general helps. Anything helps at this point.

God. He just wants something to do. He can't hurt the monsters of the Abyss. They're people. His people. He can't just hurt normal people. That'll put more stress on the Abyss Order. He can't really do anything... And that's the worst part.

How can he take a break when nothing fun happens? ...Well not really fun. More like he just wants something... anything to just happen. 

He hears a cat meow on top of a tree. A white one with blue eyes. He was never really a cat person. More of a dog person. They were loyal. Unlike a certain former friend of his. But he knows better than to let cats get close to him. Might get scratched. Bit. You just never know with cats. Whether they loved you or not. 

They're just like people in that regard.

"Oh my gosh, a kitty-cat! C'mere! Who's a good kitty cat?" He hears a girl's voice.

"...She's gonna get scratched," He whispers under his breath, watching the toothpaste haired girl climb the tree to get to the cat. He just observes from above on a hill, sitting on a rock. "Such a shame too... She seems cute."

"I've got some macaroni," The girl teased.

"...Aren't cats carnivores?" He chuckled. 

"C'mon, you'd love it," She tried to hand it over to the cat. The cat approached the meal, sniffing it. It retracted it's nose in disgust and slapped the macaroni away, out of the girl's hand and letting it fall to the ground.

Or at least it would have, if Aether didn't catch it on time.

"That was close," He muttered. Can't waste good food. 

"Whoa!" The girl fell down from the tree after being scratched in the face by the cat in question. 

Aether didn't catch her though. He just watched her fall down from the tree into a bush. It's not his fault that she went on ahead and fed a cat something it wouldn't like. He just put the macaroni on the ground, safely so she can get it once she recovers and prepares to make a break for it.