Chapter 4: Justice for Justice

Aether returned. Taking in deep breaths of the cool ocean breeze. He doesn't have to worry about his Mora for the next two days. He went back to his chair. Only his eyes searched and searched for the girl that's supposed to be next to him. 

But she wasn't there.

Panic set in. If only for a moment. 

Before he felt a tap on his shoulder and a voice cooing in his ear, "What's wrong? Missed me already?"

He relaxed, letting his shoulders rest. Furina slumped her head on his right one, trying her best to not freak out externally. Part of her internal struggle is freaking out that she's this close to him. That she's actually this bold to do so. But that's because of the other part of her. 

The other part that...

"No, I... just thought that something bad happened and...," He noticed that she was not in the best of moods despite her teasing tone earlier. "Are you alright?"

"Perfectly alright," She replied. Though... her face betrayed her. Her eyes were looking at the sand, almost as if she wants to be buried there. 

'I can't tell him that a random crab came out of nowhere and pinched my leg... He'll definitely think less of me because of that,' She thinks to herself, closing her fists. 'I have to be perfect... Especially towards him.'

"I was just caught off-guard by your sudden disappearance. I looked around and uh... Thought of the worst so I tried inspecting the sea nearby," Furina made a flimsy excuse. Part of it is true though. 

"Sounds like you're the one who missed me," He replied with a smug smile on his face. One that perfectly mirrored the one she gave him when they first met. 

"You?" Furina reeled her head back. She put her hands on her hips and pointed at his back. "Being worried is completely different from missing somebody."

Aether thought of Lumine...

He always does but that just simply made his eyes become sad. He laid down on the chair again and looked towards the sky. Looking specifically at the stars that were paired together. "Yeah... That's true."

"And anoth-Wait, you actually agreed with me," Furina was expecting another debate. This was a first. He agreed with her when an argument was about to come up. She can't help but feel sort of disappointed. But the intrigue of what was bothering him interested her more. 

"Yeah. It overlaps sometimes, but... those are two different things. One gives you anxiety... the other is... soul crushing."

"You don't have to talk about it if it makes you uncomfortable," Furina looked closely at the shoreline. To see if there's any pesky crabs with their pesky pincers. Seeing that the coast was clear, she walked back to her seat. "We all have... issues. Sometimes, we just don't want to talk about it... And sometimes that's because we can't find someone to listen."

"But what if I want you to listen?"

"I'm all ears. As long as it's something I know about..., I suppose I can provide ample conversation."

"Oh. You definitely know about this. Unless the famous Hydro Archon didn't do her research about me."

"I know. Your sister. The only reason as to why you're here in the first place."

"I don't suppose you've got anything to say about her?"

"If I did..., I... would've told you. Unfortunately, I've got my own problems. I'm very sorry. I hope you find her. Truthfully. Families should never be separated..."