Chapter 12: Mirror, Mirror

I swear I'm sane.

I definitely didn't spend an entire day getting my Furina a full set of really good Golden Troupe pieces.

Aether felt something...

No this was definitely someone. On top of him while he's sleeping. He's used to this by now. It'd be one of his friends. Typically girls... because the guys have the decency to actually sleep in a good distance away from him.

He could probably guess who this was...

Layla?

No. She never sleeps... Even if she did, she'd be sleeping on his shoulder.

Jean?

A little too bold for her tastes, isn't it?

Ei?

...

That was ONE time. And they were drunk... He still blames Miko for that.

Noelle?

...No. That's not like her at all... If anything, she'd watch over him while standing guard. Like what he would do for her.

Lisa?

...

He'd rather not think about that.

Wait a second, this girl is flat. There's no way his left arm is touching her back because her left arm is literally across his chest. So Mona? She does kinda sorta live here when Fischl's not keeping her busy. No... Mona falls asleep on the couch... Fischl definitely not... Hu Tao?

...Okay it could probably be her.

"...But Neuvilette... I don't wanna eat those fancy waffles again... I prefer pancakes..."

"...Called it," Aether opened his eyes to find a sleeping Furina..., mumbling in her sleep.

The Hydro Archon was mumbling something in her sleep again.

'So she's a sleep talker?' Aether thought. '...Why not listen?'

Furina hugged him tightly... Almost as if she never wants to let him go. Aether stared at the ceiling with an amused smile on his face as he listens to her sleepy ramblings. First, she'd talk to a lady named... Mademoiselle Crabaletta... about her diet choices. Then, to another person named Surintendante Chevalmarin about her financial status.

'Please don't be broke, please don't be broke,' Aether thought. Getting sick of the running trend that he has to pay for his divine friends' expenses.

"...Gentilhomme Usher, I do not want to get out of bed yet... I wanna stay here cuddling... the Traveler... Mon amour...," She rambled on her sleep.

'A new nickname huh?' Aether asked.

His stomach rumbled. He sighed and as much as he'd love to listen to Furina giggle about the funniest joke she's heard today in her sleep... He's got to make breakfast again. He tries to sit up... but her left leg just goes on top of his waist... Making it a lot harder to get up without waking her up...

Guess he's got no choice then...

"Furina...," He whispers, trying to not rudely wake her up. "Your... amour needs to make breakfast."

"Non, non, non. That won't do...," She mumbled, leaning closer to him. She was whispering in his ear now. "It's way too early for that. Don't rush this... Please..."