Chapter 10

Michelle's POV

"NO." Rhian bluntly said.

SILENCE

"R-Rhian, I appreciate your honesty about your feelings, and I deeply and sincerely apologize for my past behavior. A-and yeah I already made it clear to you that I don't share the same romantic sentiment. B-but I do value the positive impact you've made in the company, and I believe it's better for both of us to focus on our professional relationship within the company. You deserve the genuine affection from our colleagues, instead of being loved back by a monster like me." Sabi ko, with my voice almost breaking.

"Don't you get it? I left because I was there for the wrong reasons. I left because I realized that you don't have to love me back. And most of all, I left because I don't want to be a constant reminder that you're not enough. Again, I was there for the wrong reasons Michelle.

I held her hand tighter as I stared intently into her eyes saying,

"B-but what if, just maybe, we can make it right? To start right over. And honestly, I no longer care if Dad is proud of me or not. If he thinks you deserve to be his successor—well, it's definitely worth it. You're going to be the new rightful CEO for Feline Fascination. And of course, mangyayari lang 'yun kung babalik ka."

"I already gave my word. Goodluck in your journey to--" Rhian said but I interrupted by saying or shall I say begging,

"I'll do anything, just please Rhian bumalik ka lang. I promise di na kita susungitan at babarahin during meetings, conversations and presentations. A-and if you really want me to stay away from Franki sige. K-kahit gawin mo nalang to for everyone in the office na naniniwala at umaasa sayo, for people who genuinely love you." I cried.

..

Rhian's POV

Ano ba Rhian? Wag ka ngang marupok. Compose yourself, you're better than this. Besides, focus on healing. Di porket umiiyak na siya sa pagmamakaawa ay bibigay ka na tsk.

"Again, I already gave my word. S-so, will you excuse me? I shall have my beauty rest dahil maaga pa lakad ko bukas. Goodnight." Sabi ko, at least trying to be a bit polite and shut the door before me. 

Inhale exhale

Congrats Rhian Ramos, di ka na marupok.

KINABUKASAN

6 AM

Palabas nako ng condo nang salubungin ako ni Michelle sa mismong entrance ng building. Parang tanga naman talaga tong babaeng to, nagdala ba naman ng ilang supot ng rambutan.

"Good morning. Look what I brought you, your favorite." Masayang bati nito sakin, which is nakakapanibago. 

I tried to ignore her and tuloy lang sa paglalakad habang inabot nya muna kay Manong guard yung mga dala niya.

"So, where are we going today?." Kulit nito sakin.

"I'm sorry, 'we'? It's just me, honey. Because you, Miss Michelle Marquez Dee, are going to leave me alone. Besides, aren't you supposed to be at work?." Sabi ko.

"Hmm? What work?." Maang-maangan nito.

Finally andito na kami sa parking area where I parked my car.

"Wait, lemme guess--tsk I knew it." I realized.

"What? You knew what?." Takang tanong nito.