Chapter 11

Rhian's POV

2 PM

So eto, nakatulog sya sa couch. Napagod ata kakalinis.

FLASHBACK

Habang kumakain kami ng lunch, I finally took the chance to ask her why she resigned and Michelle sincerely said, 

"I figured that it would be hard for you to focus on work if you keep seeing me around the office. Of course, not from a narcissist's perspective. Perhaps it's a way for you to do the job for the right reasons—for the company, your family, friends, and probably certain causes you care about or advocate for. And please don't worry about me; resigning was my choice. Maybe there's something or someplace out there that actually values what I can contribute, somewhere I rightfully belong, the same way you found your place in Feline Fascination."

I sat there, looking at her appreciatively; turns out she's not that much of a monster after all.

EOFB

She's still peacefully sleeping when I gently fixed her hair when her phone suddenly vibrated. It was a text from a contact named Love.

Wait, is she secretly dating someone?

Is that why she made it clear to me na wala talagang chance?

As much as I wanted to know who it was or the content of the message, di ko na pinakialaman. I do love her, that's why it's important for me to respect her boundaries. Her phone vibrated again at nagising na nga sya.

Medyo nagulat sya nang makitang sobrang lapit ng mga mukha namin sa isa't isa. I know, I'm such a creep.

Anyways, she grabbed her phone on the desk and texted back the person.

Tumayo and was about to leave her alone when she suddenly spoke,

"I-It's my therapist. Uhm y-you're probably--" 

"What? Haha. Why are you explaining? I mean, it's not that I care." Sabi ko. 

But in reality, I do care. A lot. And I wish I knew exactly how to make it stop.

"O-of  course. Why would you?." Michelle said in an upset tone. Where did that come from?

SILENCE

"Well, I guess that's it for today. Gotta go." She added and grabbed her bag.

She was on her way to the door when,

"Why are you seeing a therapist?." 

"Well, I gotta make sure to keep my sanity, especially when I'm with you." She jokingly said and finally left.

Well, that's something different.

..

Michelle's POV

3:45 PM na nang makarating ako sa clinic ni Dra. Love Marie Escudero. 

"You're 65 minutes late." Sabi niya.

"Sobrang traffic kasi, grabe." Sabi ko, which is totoo naman.

"Kailan nga ba hindi?." She said, rolling her eyes.

"Look, I'm sorry. Pero what's more important is I'm here na."

"Alright alright. Pero ano tong sinabi sakin ni Tito Derek that you resigned in his company? Akala okay ka na? Don't tell me--"

"I'm fine, really. Besides, 2 years is enough to grieve naman siguro. Saka andyan ka naman eh, and I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you." Sabi ko, as I held her hands.