Quite the Upgrade

I woke up first and crawled out of Finnick's arms and off the bed. I made my way to the dining car and made myself some peanut butter toast. We were going to arrive at the Capitol later this morning and the sun was just now rising.

I was granted permission to take my computer with me for work so I found that in one of the bags I took from my house before the reaping.

I opened it and sat down on one of the couches sprawling out and grabbing a comfortable blanket to snuggle up with.

I got into the train server and logged in as myself so I could mess with the controls for a little while.

I started by turning the lights on in larina's cabin so she would wake up. I was giggling hysterically as she got into the shower and I turned the water to cold. While she tried to turn it back I heard her high pitched shrieking. I turned the drying system on so the cold water was sprayed everywhere. She was screaming now.

"What are you doing?" Finnick asked as I looked up at him giggling.

"Messing with larina's shower." I answered as I opened the blanket for him to join me.

"Mhm I heard." He said tiredly as he cuddled next to me.

"Do you think I should stop before she wakes mags too?" I asked.

"Mags is a deep sleeper I'm sure the only thing that can wake her is too much cologne." He answered.

"So are you saying I should continue?" I said.

"Yes." He said.

I began flashing the lights in her bathroom while stroking Finnick's hair. She managed to find the kill switch and shut everything off rushing out of the bathroom in only a towel. Finnick slammed the laptop closed and shoved it under the blanket then climbed on top of me smashing his lips onto mine.

We definitely looked like we were in the middle of something and larina was convinced that we weren't the culprits of her bathroom misfortune.

"I love doing that to people." I said as Finnick got off of me and brushed his shirt off.

"How many people have you done that to?" He asked with a disapproving look.

"Oh I don't know, too many to count. I tried doing it to President Snow's granddaughter but I couldn't get past the firewall." I said.

"Did they spot you trying to get in?" He asked.

"I'm better at getting out undetected than I am at getting in." I said as I shut my laptop.

"Oh well." He said.

"We should get ready." I said getting off the couch and walking to my room.

"We should match, what are you going to wear?"

"As far as I know they want me in blue." I replied.

"Perfect." He said then hurried off.

When I got into my room there was a dress laid out for me. It was a light blue color and had a mesh corset. The sleeves were purely for decoration as they served no purpose in holding the dress up. They were off the shoulder. The skirt of the dress itself was long and went down to my ankles but there were gladiator heels next to the dress for me to wear with it. The slit in the dress reached all the way up and was sure to draw attention to itself.

When I changed and exited I found finnick in a matching suit with a pristine white button down underneath that clearly had half the buttons removed so he wouldn't be able to hide anything.

By the time we had eaten and prepared for our welcome we had arrived at the Capitol and we were waving out the window at the citizens of the Capitol waved at us aggressively.

When we came to a stop we were escorted straight to the tribute tower which appeared to have undergone serious upgrades.

We went into the elevator and arrived on the fourth floor shortly after to find the apartment was completely remodeled from the last time.

"Why'd they fix it if it wasn't broken." I said walking around.

"Beats me." He replied.

"I want to take this off." I said poking myself in the side.

"You do that then." He replied as he looked me up and down waiting for me to take it off.

"I swear, finnick." I said pointing a finger at him in a reprimanding way as I walked into what would be my bedroom for the next few days.

I opened the drawers and found baggy pants and a form fitting athletic shirt and I changed into those then walked back out to see finnick had also changed into pants and a T-shirt.

Johanna came over to our tribute apartment later  this evening and beetee and wiress hacked the cameras so that we could have a meeting. Haymitch Abernathy also attended our little gathering and managed to shoo larina off out of the apartment so we could lock her out.

"So what you're saying is we have a way out but we don't know what it is." Johanna said with frustration.

"It's too dangerous for everyone to know. We've told everyone as much as we can but right now only y/n and I can know the full plan." Beetee explained calmly.

"You've got to be kidding me." She whined.

"Actually they're going to explode the whole exoskeleton and only save people who aren't insufferably pessimistic and nosy." I said convincingly.

"Really?" She asked excitedly.

"No." She slumped in her chair.

"This conversation's run it's course. Thanks for the drinks but I'm out." Haymitch said walking out  with a glass that didn't belong to him.

"I'm just going to let him take that glass." I whispered to finnick.

He laughed but quickly stopped when everyone looked at him. "I agree with haymitch. The meeting is over. Thanks for meeting with us before we start the mission."

Once everyone left finnick and I walked to my room and turned the television to see the broadcast from last night playing again. We climbed beneath the sheets and I laid comfortably next to him with my head resting on his chest. He gently rubbed my back until we both ended up falling asleep with the television left on again.

Tomorrow would be the first of many dreaded days I had signed up to be a part of. The next morning I saw on the television that they were playing one of the many documentaries they had. Created on the victors lives. They never showed the district though. It was their way of saying we were a piece of the Capitol now.

This documentary in question had a great deal of information on Finnick and I. It showed how we stayed in the same apartment when we were at the Capitol and everything else.

The worst part was that we never signed a consent form to be filled and all this footage was taken in secret.

"Finnick!" I said into his ear loudly.

"What?" He asked in a tired voice though he had jolted awake.

"They're watching us again." I said darkly.

"They're always watching us." He said as he hurried out of bed and out of the room.

Even after I got out of the hunger games and even my district it was incredibly stifling. Especially because Katniss wasn't the only one Snow was stalking.

He is always watching and will do anything to anger the public and that meat broadcasting our relationship to the Capitol.

But what was Snow going to get out of doing this to us?