60

I was standing in the tube now waiting for it to close on me. I was already wearing the wet suit which meant there would be water. It would have been to late for snow to change the whole games to work in my favor so now I was sure he planned that deal.

The tube closed and I had fifteen seconds to say my goodbyes before I would be taken up. I didn't do anything. I was waiting for the cameras to be on me. I would have sixty seconds to build tension. I needed to look like I was up to something to get the cameras on me then I could pull my stunt.

Once the tube sent me up I saw that we were surrounded by choppy waters. My favorite.

The cornucopia was in the center and I saw two tridents. That's what I had my eye on at first then I remembered i was on the clock.

I turned around and began animatedly searching the forest with my eyes until I heard faint camera motions. Now was the time.

I turned around and faked drawing an arrow out of a quiver and put it on a fake bow pulling the imaginary string back and letting go. As I released the fake arrow I flicked my middle finger up and smiled.

"Only in your nightmares." I said with a sweet smile. There was five seconds left. I blew a kiss to the cameras then the cannon went off.

I swan dove into the water and barely made a splash as I swam to the bottom. First i need a rock for smashing ankles. Once I had a rock I could attack the careers. They were all bad swimmers and I knew that because I had watched their games back. It would be temporary but it was a time saver. Finnick would go with Katniss and peeta and protect them while I did my best to take people out.

Once I found a nice rock I swam as fast as I could towards the nearest wall. I was conveniently in between enobaria and gloss. Some would say that's a misfortune though.

I broke the surface of the water and gripped onto the wall with my feet launching myself out of the water and onto gloss. He had just stumbled onto the wall and was too busy running to notice me smashing the rock into his shoulder dragging him back into the water.

"What the f-!" I heard before we were under water again.

Gloss was at a disadvantage. I smashed my rock into his ribs until all the air was beaten out of him. After that we sank to the bottom where I stood on my feet comfortably in my element and gloss was choking.

Something dropped into the water next to me and I recognized the hair color. Peeta was in danger. I abandoned gloss and swam fast to the tangle of bodies I found the head of the tribute trying to drown peeta and I smashed the rock in their face. It was certainly a broken nose but the water provided too much resistance to the short blow.

I grabbed one of the tributes free arms and wrapped it around my shoulder tucking it into my armpit then turning around so my back was facing them. I kicked back violently dislocating the tributes arm.

Peeta was loose but stayed back and snapped the tributes neck finishing them off. I rapidly signed to him forgetting that he didn't know what I had told him so I pointed up.

I swam up swiftly and climbed onto the nearest wall with peeta on my tail. I ran as fast as I could and peeta made it onto the cornucopia safely behind me.

"How many did you just kill?" Finnick asked as he threw the Trident at me and I caught it mid air.

"None actually." I answered.

"Wow." He replied with genuine surprise. Katniss seemed to be on our side and peeta was already with us. We had an official alliance.

"Look, I need to go back into the water and take out some more while I still can. You guys go off and I'll catch up." I said as I was about to dive off but Finnick caught my shoulder.

"How will you find us?" He asked.

"I'll watch." I replied.

Finnick turned my shoulder back and smashed his lips on mine before letting me go. It was the boost of energy I needed and I was off. I dove into the water. I knew some of the tributes were waiting in the water trying to stick it out by hiding in peoples weak places but it was my strong place and they picked a very stupid thing to do now that I had a trident and could kill them from fifteen feet away.

It will forever amaze me how people are blinded by fear and stupidity when faced with a life threatening challenge.

+++

By nightfall I had taken four lives. The blood bath was over and I stripped the cornucopia of its weapons. I had them hidden in the most unexpected places. I sat on one of the platforms with my trident in hand watching as the dead tributes faces were illuminated. The screen started with district five so I knew for one gloss was alive and for another, finnick has kept Katniss and peeta alive.

I wanted so badly to find them but telling Finnick I was watching them was a complete lie. I had no idea where either of the revolution parties had gone and I was all alone and over armed.

Just when I was about to jump off the platform and swim to shore I saw a flash above me. It was a small glint of light and a moment later a small container fell into my lap.

It was a gift from my sponsors.

This is like clockwork for you isn't it?
-P

Oh that's risky Plutarch. Oh so risky. But why did he wait to say this till six hours after the battle when I'm sitting here like a lonely dog.

Also why did the small container contain a rubber glove?