The Spy

"sorry, gotta be inconspicuous." Plutarch mumbled under his breath as he turned away and went back to his own device to overlook another tribute.

Making an entire tree disappear was a drastic measure to keep y/n inside the arena but it meant Plutarch had the peacekeepers off his back. After sending her the note he had been tailed at all times by Snow's personal entourage.

He had managed to elude further interrogation but snow had requested a meeting with him to speak of his unusual actions.

"Come in Plutarch." Snow said calmly as the doors were pushed open and plutarch havensbee entered the office.

"Good morning." Plutarch said with a smile as he sat across from him at the large desk in the center of the room.

President Snow clicked a small button and a screen popped up. He began shifting through clips searching for the one of the note plutarch sent. This was going to take some acting on plutarch's side.

"What did you want to see me for?" He asked and snow looked up with a slightly frustrated expression written on his face though he tried to hide it.

"Why did you delete the tree without supervision?" Snow asked calmly as he continued sifting through clips.

"Y/n figured out where the barrier is. She was going to chop down the tree to get it to fall in and destroy the wall." Plutarch explained but was interrupted.

"And how did she figure that out in the first place?" Snow asked excitedly like he was about to figure something out. Snow liked to pretend he believed everyone and that was his flaw. He never knew when to stop people because he liked playing games.

"Her mentor sent her a rubber glove." Plutarch replied with an unsettling feeling beginning to make his insides boil.

"Very well." Snow said waving him out.

Plutarch knew what this meant for mags. Y/n and Finnick were going to be infuriated with him. Plutarch returned to the game table and watched them. They were still separated but they were so close. Night had fallen in the arena but both parties were wide awake.

If only y/n didn't decide to push off sleep even further and travel in the opposite direction. She was going to kill him for what he had done. What snow was about to do. He knew he shouldn't have done it. If only snow had let the two of them meet privately before the games began.

It was all snow's fault but y/n would be so blinded by the loss that she wouldn't see it. That's what Plutarch thought anyway.

+++

A screen popped up in the corner of plutarch's screen and he rubbed his eyes to get rid of the tiredness before he tapped it and the file expanded.

It was live footage from a dark room in the tribute building. Two white figures traveled across the camera and walked over to a sleeping figure. It was mags. It had to be her. Why else would the screen be sent to him. One of the peacekeepers took a small vial and uncorked it. It was a shimmering dark liquid.

Nightlock poison.

One peacekeeper opened the old woman's mouth and the other drained the vial of dangerous liquid down her throat.

Mags swallowed in her sleep and settled in a comfortable position before her figure no longer rose up and down. She was still. She was quiet. She was calm.

She is dead.

A loud shriek came over the big screen and the cameras switched to an angle of y/n. She was in the middle of the rainforest walking with her trident in hand when she suddenly dropped to her knees. Everyone was confused except plutarch. He knew exactly why she was screaming in agony.

She and mags had a deep connection and although y/n didn't know she had just been killed she could feel it. Y/n had finally cracked.

The room was frantically trying to read her vitals and find something that could have hurt her but they found nothing. There was absolutely no reason for her to be this distressed over nothing. She was going insane.

Plutarch revisited the footage but it was gone. The file was empty.

"Change the angle. Go to something else." Plutarch announced to the room and the people managing the cameras switched it to the careers.

Once the screen cast was changed plutarch immediately went to check the cameras that were on finnick. He had to have heard her screams because he was looking around frantically with tears brimming in his eyes. He didn't move though. He had to stay and protect Katniss and peeta who were laying down asleep.

Moments later a large simulation tsunami began to rise in the section y/n was in. Plutarch had no doubt that she would survive this.

The tsunami rose and reached land and by now she had noticed what was going on. She had endured large waves before so she knew to dive down into the water. She strapped her trident to her back and wiped away her tears psyching herself out to jump into the tsunami.

The wave crashed into her and she broke the water's surface swiftly diving into it as it threw her around to the point where she was loosing consciousness. Normally she would be fine but it was making her dizzy and it didn't help that she slammed into a tree and went limp.

The tsunami died but y/n's heart beat didn't. Her vital signs were good and she was alive. In fact she didn't even have water in her lungs. She was able to keep her mouth and nose closed off and when she finally came to a stop she was laying there asleep face down on the beach.

Plutarch couldn't help but smile. If she could survive while completely unconscious she could live through anything. If only she didn't have to deal with any of this. If only no one had to endure so much pain just to spite the president.