Assassin's Revenge ||

As soon as I stepped in I was injected with something straight in the neck but nothing really happened after I was injected. I stumbled slightly from the force of the hand with the tiny needle but it was not a great enough stumble to end badly.

I was pushed by another peacekeeper down the hall and my sunglasses were torn off my face. I assumed I was being sent to Snow's office so I was surprised when they did not conduct a search on me to find any weapons.

When the office door opened snow was sat at his desk with his hands crossed over his front with a grim look on his face as he watched a video on the screen in front of him.

"Do you know what this is?" He asked as he shifted the screen to face me.

"It's me." I replied watching a compilation video of my high fashion photoshoots.

I was flawless in every way but I looked so upset. How could I look so perfect and yet be so unhappy with my life, with myself.

"I have a few scars now." I remarked as I tightened my jacket. It was a small meaningless gesture but snow hopefully recognized it as a threat.

"Don't you wish you were perfect again? Don't you hate what this world has done to you?" He asked in an almost sympathetic way.

"Wow, it's like you almost care. I hated myself when I was perfect and seeing as you're in charge I think I dislike you more than I dislike what the world has done to me." I explained.

"I thought you would say something along the lines of that. You're happy but something is digging at you and you want to cut it out but you can't." He spoke coolly with a smirk to try and fight my calm.

"Yeah, it's you. You're digging at me. You know why I came here so I don't even have to say it. I could kill you right now if I wanted to."

"Then why have you waited so long?" He questioned.

"If I kill you then I will be compromised on both sides. No one cares about my life they care about my skills they care about my ability to carry out every mission I have been given. Only one person in this entire world truly cares about my life because you ruined everyone else who cared." I said so quietly you could hear a pin drop. My voice became as chilling as the cool draft coming from the air vent.

"I've stalled her long enough. Take her outside to the balcony. I will be out momentarily." Snow instructed.

"What did you inject me with?" I asked in a panicked voice as I was shoved towards the windows.

"You will know when the time is right." He replied.

The door opened and the peacekeepers shoved me into place on a pedestal next to a stone throne that wasn't there before. Or was it and I never recognized it because there was always a podium with a microphone.

Snow stepped out a few minutes later and was joined by president coin. She took a higher stand on the balcony but what was really happening and why was she not being captured? Why was I allowed to have my gun?

"What's going on?" I asked snow as he took a seat on his throne.

"Coin has organized a speech and I have allowed it. They have sent in the Mockingjay."

I gasped out loud and snapped back into my spot as coin began speaking and katniss came into view in her armor with her bow in hand.

My face dropped as coin spoke because I realized what she was doing. She was no different than snow. She wasn't going to eradicate the games at all. She supported it and was only going to continue the games.

Katniss twitched slightly and then drew an arrow clicking it into her bow and taking aim. I tore my black jacket off to reveal my suit and I unclicked my gun holding up towards president coin.

"Not what you expected is it?" I asked and then Katniss fired her Arrow and it landed in president coins chest where it belonged.

I stood up on the railing in front of snow holding him at gunpoint as I began a speech I didn't think I would be making.

"Not everyone can have an adventure and not every adventure is life threatening. Let this be known to all citizens of panem: you are all human and people will not limit you from your own journey. Your lives are no longer short and numbered and you will thrive together. The laws will be rewritten. Panem was yesterday, today we are united, tomorrow is our future." And at the same time I shot president snow in the chest and was pushed off the ledge by a peacekeeper.

+++

I awoke in the most comfortable bed I have ever laid in and almost wished I was still asleep. When I sat up my entire spine cracked and felt so sore. I looked around and I was laying in a luxurious bed with clean smelling silk sheets. The windows were open and sheer drapes were blowing into the room. It was a blue room that was completely illuminated by the morning sunshine.

"Good morning, love." Finnick said as he walked into the room with a plate in hand.

"Hi." I replied in a cracked voice.

"Before you ask you have been unconscious for the last two months. One of the peacekeepers pushed you off the balcony as you killed president snow and you landed badly. Thankfully you are alright and in perfect condition now. After your speech everyone in the districts sort of held an election and it scared the capitol into agreeing. You're the president now. We repainted the whole mansion and it's still under renovation but we made sure to replace the bed entirely for you." He explained.

"And what of the money? Are people able to travel through the districts?" I asked frantically.

"The money was distributed for reunification and damage control. Everyone has a year pass for free transportation and taxes were reestablished by Johanna so that the peacekeepers get paid reasonably." He answered.

"Oh, did she have to bring taxes into this?" I complained.

"Johanna likes taxes." He said with a laugh.

"And what of district 12 and the hunger games arenas spread across the country?" I asked.

"The arenas were torn down and the technology was used to restore buildings in the districts. The domes were replaced with glass and katniss has taken to growing medical herbs and flower gardens in them. As for district twelve it is a memorial and the two of them and Haymitch still live there."

"You did all of this while I was recovering?" I questioned.

"With help. The rest is up to you now. You have a conference tomorrow night where you will give a speech. I have the prompt here so you can write it. I was elected as your vice president since you weren't able to fill your responsibilities the first month and a half since the election. I will also give a speech." He was speaking to me so formally it didn't sound like him.

"What happened to you?" I asked.

"I've been in meetings all morning but I have the rest of the day off since you were scheduled to wake up today." He replied.

An overwhelming feeling came over me and my eyes began to water. Tears were rolling down my cheeks and I couldn't hold it in for long.  Finnick hurried over to me and wrapped me in his arms as I cried. I don't even know why I was so overwhelmed but the feeling of Finnick's arms wrapped around me calmed my nerves.

"Can we just stay like this for a while?" I mumbled into Finnick's white dress shirt.

"Absolutely." He replied with a snuffle. Maybe he was crying too. Maybe we were perfect for each other.