Revolution

Night had fallen and we began our trek to the tall tree that would be struck at twelve. Beetee explained his special wire and what we would need to do and I was tasked to keep a look out. I was walking in the back since I was the most dangerous apparently.

I'm realizing now that amongst the capitol people I'm a doll to dress up and prance around but to the victors I am a weapon.

"Should we cut our trackers yet?" I signed to finnick when he turned to look in my direction.

"Wait as long as you can. If you hear something suspicious then cut it out. Brutus and enobaria escaped the last time we fought the careers." He singed back.

Once we got to the tree everyone got to work and I paced around silently. I thought about climbing a tree but scouting did no use when there were moving allies around me in the dark. I had my trident drawn and if I lost that I had my second best weapon, a spear, slung on my back.

I was this close to cutting my tracker out but I don't know if that could jeopardize anything outside of the dome.

"Y/n, cut your tracker out right now." Johanna said in a hushed voice that was too loud to be a whisper.

"But nothing has happened yet." I counted.

"I need you to cut it out and baggage it so that when something does happen you can deal with it. I don't care what Finnick said this is a better plan. He's already removed his and the rest of them are coming back from drawing the line to shore." She continued.

Without any hesitation I pulled out a small whittling knife from my sleeve and made a small incision into my forearm. I hissed in pain as I sank my fingers into my own flesh until I found the small tracker and pulled it out.

"Wrap it wrap it wrap it!" I said urgently as Johanna frantically wrapped my arm with a bandage I did not know she had.

Once it was bandaged and I could no longer see blood soaking the bandage I slid my sleeve back down. As soon as I got used to the stinging in my arm I got my trident back out and began pacing again.

This time it wasn't for long as district 2 had arrived. I began fighting them but I heard sizzling and loud cracks and the sound of Johanna attacking Katniss to get her tracker out.

The sizzling turned into a whooshing sound and then a loud creaking sound. Light shined through the roof of the dome. My ears weren't hearing everything as they had begun ringing but when a large piece of the dome began falling I took cover.

A large carrier was over us and came down with a claw to get us. I ran towards it and saw it picking up Katniss. I grabbed onto it just in time to be lifted along with it. I dropped my trident and climbed up the claw so that I was no longer hanging off of it. There were more carrier claws coming down and collecting everyone.

As soon as the doors closed beneath the claw I jumped off and marched towards the control panel where Plutarch havensbee was standing.

"Who do we have?" He asked.

"How am I supposed to know." I replied as I reached under the table and pulled out a large first aid crate.

"What are you doing? you just got out of the hunger games don't you want time to process everything?" He asked as he watched me throw things across the table.

"I have to stitch my arm and then everyone else's. I don't want to process anything because then I'll just get mad." I said as I threaded a needle to stitch my arm back together.

"Are you really going to do that without a sedative?" He asked.

"Go take care of the others." I command and he does.

Finnick came out of a room on the carrier looking disheveled but he was awake and only mildly injured including his cut where the tracker was. He quickly walked over to me and wrapped me in a big hug relieved that I was okay.

"Go change into something else so that I can stitch your arm." I said.

"What about you?" He asked.

"I'll change at the same time." I said saving the argument on why I was taking care of him first.

He walked out and I went to a small bathroom taking a hospital gown with me. I changed out of the wet suit and into the hospital gown then hurried out to begin the procedure.

Finnick and I were both standing and stitching each other's cuts when Beetee entered the main room. He didn't enter walking however and a member of the revolution was pushing his weak body in a wheelchair.

"He's already stitched together but we will need to do a full analysis on him later. Katniss is still unconscious.

Once Finnick and I finished stitching each other we packed up the kit and put it away. Plutarch was busy getting us over panem undetected.

He dropped a stack of papers onto the table and walked away for a moment and when I looked at the top of the stack he slapped it and crumpled it but not before I saw what was written.

"Are you kidding me? You let them get peeta and Johanna?! We were supposed to get all of them! I can't believe you!" The paper had the names of the people they had to save and peeta and Johanna were not on that list.

"I had to do what I had to." He said calmly.

I fumed deeply and took a swing at him but he restrained me from hitting him. My rage was controlling me and I needed it to.

"Finnick? You gonna do something about your girlfriend?" Plutarch asked with struggle as I was beginning to overtake him.

"No." He deadpanned.

I continued to purposely struggle to fight with plutarch and he eventually just swept me to the side. I was over the fighting so I gave him a nasty look and went to stand next to finnick.

Moments later Katniss walks in and reacts almost the exact same as I did when she realized plutarch didn't save peeta.

This time they shot her with a sedative.