Assassin's Revenge |

"I need y/n l/n to gear up and head into the carrier bay immediately." The intercom sounded over the room as Finnick and I were getting ready for the day.

"What's that about?" Finnick asked.

"I really don't know." I replied as I left the room quickly.

When I reached the artillery room I was presented with a stealth suit that I had never worn before. Instead of a trident there was a large gun strapped to the back of the suit.

"Giving you a trident seemed a little to obvious." Beetee said as he wheeled himself into the room.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Plutarch and president coin aren't taking chances on Katniss anymore. They have enlisted you as backup in case she can't do it." He answered.

"Can't do what?" I asked again. No one had spoken a word of any plan to me but Beetee was speaking to me as though I knew almost everything.

"Were you not informed of katniss' most recent mission?" He asked.

"No!" I shouted.

"This is bad. I warned them that they had to tell you everything but they denied my warning."

"Warned who? Tell me what? If you want to say something just say it!" I raised my voice in the echoing room causing the sound to reverberate back to my own ears. I sounded angry.

"I shouldn't be the one to tell you this but president coin is planning to send you in to stalk president snow until Katniss comes to kill him. You're obviously our back up and Plutarch started calling you the assassin in the meeting since they call Katniss the Mockingjay. Coin is very strict about this whole situation so you need to do exactly what she tells you to or she will terminate your mission and eliminate you." He explained.

"Eliminate me?" I questioned in disbelief.

"It's too dangerous to get you out if you fail." He said simply.

"I am one of the most valuable agents in district 13 i cannot believe she would risk terminating me." I said in shock.

"She's risking sending you out. Everyone's replaceable to president coin." He said.

"Is everyone replaceable or is that an excuse for the fact that shes terrified of me. She didn't tell me all of this because she knows I ask questions. She didn't tell me this because I fight orders just as well as I fight lives. I won't go till she tells me my mission face to face." I said in a low scary voice.

"Whatever you say." Beetee said in an exasperated voice as he clicked an intercom button.

While he was speaking in whispers to President coin's office intercom I took the suit into a large artillery closet and changed into the outfit. The gun was heavy and fully loaded. I hate the imbalance and heft of the machinery and much preferred my light weight trident.

What was the gun even for? Wouldn't it make more sense to give me some technology that I can use to hack or something? They must really trust me to not go after snow after everything he's done to me.

"Y/n, president coin is in the carrier bay waiting for you. You're needed immediately." He said as I opened the door and stomped out.

"Already on my way." I say on the way out.

When I reached the carrier bay only one carrier was on and running with the gate opened and coin was standing right on the steps waiting for me.

"You don't have a choice. We have a body cam on you so we know if anything happens to you but I believe you can do this mission better than anyone." She said.

"Is it even a mission. It kind of sounds like a death wish. A suicide mission if you will. I have a next to nothing chance of getting out unscathed." I argued.

"You're wrong. Any of our best agents would have a next to nothing chance but you have the best chance of surviving. I've calculated the odds and they are in your favor. You've been in the president's mansion more than anyone else has. You know him personally. I have reason to believe you could manipulate him to allow you to survive if you had to." She explained.

"You already said I don't have a choice so move out of the way so I can get this over with." I interrupted her pathetic little speech. I really didn't care for coin that much.

"Tell Finnick I love him and if I don't make it he can get drunk on the whiskey I'm hiding underneath my pillow." I said before the gate sealed and the pilot started the engines.

When the carrier reached the outskirts of the capitol I was dropped off and began a trek through the abandoned city to Snow's mansion.

All the screens had fugitive posters flashing but I didn't show up. No bullets came at me when I passed peacekeepers. President snow didn't just know I was here. He wanted me here.

As I was walking past a high fashion boutique on the way to the mansion I grabbed a black jacket and sunglasses to hide my gun but also just for fun. I didn't pay  because the boutique was abandoned as were many of the other shops these days. The capitol was probably more populated with moths than it was people.

Once I arrived at President Snow's door I turned on my body mic and camera. I was debating on whether to pick the lock and sneak in or just make myself known. Like I said the worst he would do is hold me hostage in his home and I'm hiding my gun so I would be more of a threat if I was tied up. He probably knew that though.

I decided to just knock and see what would happen.

"Who is it?" Snow's voice came over the intercom. Either he didn't recognize me from the sunglasses and uncovered scars on my face or he wanted me to say it.

"It's revenge." I said cooly.

And the door opened.