- 3 -

1525 words

I woke up to a knock on the door and crawled out of bed to answer it. Upon opening it I was met with a woman who appeared to be in her 50s and had long brown hair and a grey cat in her arms.

"Hey! I'm Marnie and I run the ranch that's just south of yours by the forest. I found this cat wandering around your farm and wondered if you'd like to adopt him. He doesn't seem to have a home and I'm sure you'd love the company," she said.

Without a thought I accepted and took the cat inside.

"I think I'll name you Toothless, after the dragon of course," I said before getting a piece of blue ribbon from the gift box that held the parsnip seeds and tied it as a collar around his neck.

I went outside to tend to my parsnips and then went to the store I saw the day before to get more seeds.

(time skip to friday)

(i'm lazy af pretend during the week you've met a majority of the townspeople)

My farm was getting along pretty well. I had almost the whole lot cleared of trees and rocks and I'd grown a good amount of parsnips.

I fed Toothless and went for a walk around town, talking to a few villagers like Evelyn and Pierre on the way.

After heading back to the farm I watered my crops and finished chopping down the last of the trees. It was around 5pm so I decided to head to the saloon for a drink to celebrate my first week on the farm.

When I got there, Audrey waved from behind the counter before going to serve a table. I walked over and sat down at the bar. Gus took my drink order and I waited for a minute before a beer slid over to me.

Eventually Audrey went back behind the bar and walked over to where I was sitting.

"So, how's your first week of farming going?" she asked.

"It's going good. I finally have some seeds planted and the land cleared out, but it's a lot of hard work," I answered.

"I can imagine it would be. That old farm was a wreck last time I went exploring there with Abigail."

"Who's Abigail?" I hadn't met her yet, she must be one of the townspeople.

"Oh she's one of my friends in the town, you must not have met her yet but you can't miss her- she's got a whole head of bright purple hair," she laughed.

I wanted to meet Abigail, maybe she'd be a new friend for me.

"Actually, my little friend group usually hangs in the separate room to your right on Friday nights if you want to meet them. I'll introduce you if you'd like," she said.

I was a little nervous but remembered how lonely the city was, I don't want to end up like that again. I could use some friends, so I went with her to the small arcade in the saloon.

When we walked in I immediately noticed the purple-haired girl sitting on the couch relaxing- I assumed she must have been Abigail. I also saw leaning against the billiards table a shy looking man with jet black hair, black jeans and a hoodie on- if I could use one word to describe him, it would be emo. He pulled it off though.

"Hey guys! I want to introduce you to the new farmer in town, her name's Alana. Alana, this is Abigail, Sebastian, and Sam," Audrey said gesturing towards the girl, the emo boy, and another man I hadn't noticed before.

He was leaning against the pool table- tall with slightly tanned skin and blonde hair spiked up with gel. He wore a blue zip up hoodie and jeans and had a sad smile on his face.