- 25 -

818 words

I woke up at 6am like normal, I didn't even have to set an alarm anymore from getting up so early for so long.

I rolled over to see Audrey still passed out on her air mattress on the floor. I grabbed a pillow and smacked her with it, making her groan in annoyance.

"What the fuuuuck go away," she muttered into her pillow as she rolled away from me.

"Get up," I said as I stood and stepped over her to go to the kitchen. She grunted in compliance.

I opened the fridge and got out some eggs that my chickens had laid and started to make an omelette. A few minutes later Audrey stumbled into the kitchen. "Omelettes? Really? Why not bagels or something omelettes suck," she said as she sat on a chair by the kitchen table.

"Because they're better for you than bagels you toddler, now eat." I set a plate down in front of her and started making one for myself.

She groaned again but started to eat. Not long after I was sitting in the chair across from her and having my own breakfast.

When we were done we got dressed in casual clothes and decided to go to the beach to try out fishing. Audrey told me there were some pretty good fish out in the winter.

We took the southern path past Marnie's Ranch and Sam's house until we got to the little bridge that led to the sand. We saw Elliot standing there so we said a quick hello, he mentioned something about crabs in his pockets, and we continued walking.

We quickly reached the docks and I pulled out my fishing pole. It was a simple one made of bamboo but it would work. Audrey sat down with her legs hanging over the edge and I casted the fishing line into the water.

"So I'm guess you've done this before?" she asked me.

"I tried it out once before but couldn't catch much other than trash so I gave up. Hopefully I get something today."

She hummed and leaned back on her elbows. A few seconds later I felt a tug on the fishing pole and started to reel it in. I'd caught a really tiny fish and Audrey looked up at it hanging on the hook. "Ooh a sardine, nice."

I shrugged and put it in a bucket I had brought and cast the line again. It started to lightly snow and it was pretty cold out so I was glad we remembered our jackets this time. Audrey shot me a goofy grin when I pulled Sam's hoodie out of my bag and slipped it on. I just rolled my eyes and looked back out to the ocean.

A couple minutes later we heard footsteps on the wood behind us. We turned and saw Sebastian waving. We waved back and he came and sat on Audrey's right. "What are you two doing out here?"

"Alana's learning to fish," Audrey said. "I'm getting bored just sitting here though, want us to go forage shells and stuff for you Alana?"

"Sure why not, thanks," I smiled at them.

"Wait I didn't agree to this!" Sebastian said but Audrey was already heading down the dock. He groaned and followed her. I chuckled and went back to fishing.

=====

About 2 hours later I'd caught 6 fish and quite a bit of seaweed. I heard boots stomping behind me again and turned to see the two walking up with a full bag of beach forgeables. Audrey was soaking wet. Figures.

"Wow you got a lot! Why are you soaked though?" I asked while I took the bag from Sebastian's hand.

She shivered and wrapped her arms around herself. "I slipped and fell in one of those little pools on the other side of the beach."

I laughed a bit and she shivered again. "You should probably go home and take a hot shower so you don't get frostbite."

She nodded. "I'll walk you home," Sebastian chuckled. "Good to see you Alana."

I waved and they started up to the mountains. I looked in the back and saw a ton of oysters and clams, along with some coral and even a couple Nautilus Shells. I figured I was done with fishing so I stopped at Willy's shop to sell what I'd gotten and headed home.

Once I'd put all my things away and gotten into more comfortable clothes I was too lazy to do anything else so I put on the TV and opened my phone. I saw a text from Sam.

==============================

alana's bf 🤤

hey r u going to the ice festival tmr??              7:17pm
i wanna ask u smthin
                                yeah what do u want to ask?
you'll find out 😶
                                                                       okay??
==============================

I figured it was about the band's show so I didn't stress too much about it and went to bed.