Chapter 1: Sleeping Beauty and the Evil Queen

Her round eyes stare at the old snow globe in front of her.  Her fair hands clenches on to it. She shakes it until the glitters floated around like a whirlwind.  She stares at the faded glass that still had the little Seoul Tower in it.

She shuts her eyes, memories like flashing white images seem to always haunt her even when she is awake.

Just like now.

She is stuck in the Alphonsus Medical Center again.

This is her ritual.

Her secret.

Room 503.

Beatrice "Bee" Royales is the beautiful heiress to Royal Motors. The Philippines first and largest automotive business.  The youngest of the late, businessman tyrant Gustavo Royales.  She is a notorious poster girl for chaos.  With her long, dark wavy locks and rouge lipstick, she knows what disruption she could bring. 

She is known to be brash, a spoiled brat, self-destructive, and a heinous bitch.  She has no patience.  She has no room to forgive.

She grew callouses in her heart over the years.  Her motto in life is hurt or be hurt.  She is conditioned that way, after all.

It was not until she found her.

Her Sarah.

But Beatrice has waited for years for her to wake up.

———————

———————

The doctors, the experts said it was near impossible for her to wake up again.  Coma patients usually would wake up in days, maybe even weeks.   Coma patients with extreme brain injuries like this were a far miracle.

It's been three years.

No progress.

She knows the nurses always had her as their daily chismis. Why was THE Beatrice Royales hiding a secret patient? Sino naman yun?

Pinabugbog niya raw?
Tinulak niya raw?

Girlfriend niya raw?

Hindi ah.

Straight yan.

God, Bee hated chismis about her.

Wake up. Please, Sarah. My Sarah. Mine. My Sarah, wake up, baby.  Eto na ako. Wake up. Wala ng kontrabida sa buhay natin.  Wala na. God, please wake her up.

That's what Bee said over and over.  Like a haunting prayer. 

"God, Bee. Kailan ka pa naniniwala sa prayers?!" She cursed to herself.

Who was she? Her hypocritical sister, Margaret? She thought to herself.

But was this a prayer or a curse?