Chapter 6: Her Name is Sarah Oquendo

Warning:  This Chapter is rated SPG

Present Day: Alphonsus Medical Center

Bee asks the nurse if she could stay over that night. 

"Sige lang po, Ma'am B... malakas ka naman saakin," the nurse says in a cheerful way.

Beatrice does not have the energy to go home that night.  Another empty bed.  Another chaotic night with the family who are at war with each other. Another night when she had to look at herself in the mirror.   Another night filled with misery with the reality hitting her that Sarah may never get to wake up.

She plops herself comfortably on the chair next to Sarah, her back on the fluffy pillow she always brings with her.

The truth is, being with Sarah in this hospital room is both a ray of hope and a cloud of dread.

Sarah brings her so much happiness.  But Sarah also brings her sheer misery.

She wakes up everyday, wondering if Sarah will be awake or dead that day.  It has always been that way for the past three years.

Beatrice's life is on pause.  Like she had a girlfriend but it was in limbo.  She tried living her life and finding other people but all she craved for was Sarah.

In the confines of these dreary hospital walls is the woman she loves.

Beatrice brings in so much love and atonement to Sarah but all she is stuck with is a woman in a deep slumber with a life support machine.

  A woman in the middle of waking life and the depths of death.  Everyday is like Russian Roulette.

And it is a game Beatrice Royales willingly plays.

I am so done with you.  I despise you

Sarah's last words to her.

The words always echo in Beatrice's mind like a permanent recorder within her brain.

She gives her love to Sarah now but she knew in their last meeting, Sarah swore she despised her and wanted to end it all with her.

"Noon lagi mo sinasabi saakin, 'I love it.  I love you.' And I know you mean it every single time.  Did you also mean it when you said you despise me?"

Bee's hand slowly crawled on to hold Sarah's again.

"I know, Sarah... I am despicable.  But I will do everything I can.  For you to forgive me.  For us to start over... I will find you, I will take care of you, I will look forward to everyday with you, and I will love you," Bee's tears started to form in her round eyes as it streamed on her full face.

"I will love you.  I swear, baby, please... wake up..."

Her eyes squinted to see the medical chart hanging by the bedside table

The chart states in capital letters: