Epilogue Part 1 : The Bee's Twist

------

Present Day 2023.

Beatrice Royales comes home from the hospital with crumpled paper bags in tow.  The smell of spicy pork bulgogi wafting around her.  Her boots thuds on the polished marble floor.  Her eyes are bloodshot, swollen from all the crying and exhaustion.  From all the hours she just spent in that cold hospital room, calling for Sarah Oquendo Lim.  The woman she loves.  The woman she completely put through hell and hurt.

The woman still fast asleep in her years of being in a coma.

Bee looks over her casement window, there she watches her housemaid, Anne talking boisterously.  The housemaid is young, an eighteen year old girl, vivacious and full of life.  She is always animated.  Always ready with the most random stories.  She has wide-eyes and a certain naivete to her that always charms everyone.

Anne talks in a sing-song tone just like her love, Sarah.

Bee looks at Anne through the moon-lit window with a sad smile curving on her full lips. 

"Parang si Sarah ka lang gumalaw,e," Bee whispers to herself.

Of course, Anne is no maid.  She is there for a big pretending game.  She is also hidden by the bee.  Pretending to be a maid is the only way to get Anne in.

Im Ana

Anne Ruby Oquendo Lim is Sarah's little sister from Busan

Anne Ruby Oquendo Lim is Sarah's little sister from Busan.  The one Sarah promised to bring home with her once she has taken care of everything. 

Pag nakaipon na ako, Bee! Dadalhin ko talaga si Anne dito! Magkakasundo kayo 'nun! Mas sutil yun saakin,e!

Bee still remembers how Sarah was so full of life when she told her stories of Anne.

When the horrifying accident happened, Bee knew that it was her responsibility to make Sarah's dream come true. 

She found Anne with their Korean relatives and she had taken the teenager in. 

Sarah had told her many stories of her little sister.  Anne was just like her but when their parents died, they had to be separated. 

Sarah ended up with their grandparents in  the rough side of Incheon.  Anne ended up with their Auntie/ Imo in the rural Busan.   Both sisters had a tough life and they weathered through the grit with a smile.

Bee gets lost in deep thought, this is the least that she could do for Sarah, she says to herself.

But she realizes, all this is easier said than done.

She has an instant teenager in her home.  It is like she became a clueless parent for a whiney, Gen Z child. 

And much worse, Beatrice made Anne part of her revenge plan against her father.