Chapter 7: Achilles Heel

Warning:  This Chapter is rated SPG

———————

Bee is not able to sleep in that cold hospital room

Bee is not able to sleep in that cold hospital room.  It is  past midnight and the only sound that lingers is Sarah's life support machine.  She distracts herself while browsing through her laptop.  In the different folders, were all her saved photos with Sarah.  Videos capturing their moments together.  She rapidly clicks on the mouse, trying to drown in memories.

One photo is the two of them in Santa hats, celebrating Christmas.

Click.

Another photo of Beatrice covering her ears, hiding behind Sarah.  That was the time when Sarah lit up the sinturon ni Hudas for New Year.

Click.

The night they both got tattoos.

Click.

Beatrice's August birthday as Sarah put cake icing on her face

Click.

The two of them— laughing with her nephew, Archie.

Click.

Their last trip to Seoul for a Beatrice Beauty launch there.

Click.

The two of them in their cocktail dresses at Gustavo Royales' grand birthday party

Bee had to shut the laptop, closing her eyes.  Getting into the maze in her brain, piecing after every memory.

The things that were so right.

And all the things wrong with it.

Walang iwanan.  I could not say 'I love you' so that was the only thing I could say.  I meant it.  I did not want this to end.  I never want us to end.  But no matter how we tried to fight it.  My world was so different from yours.  My world was harsh.  Always at war.  At collateral damage ka.  Wala ako nagawa.

  You soon became my Achilles heel.  You knew how to move me.  You knew how to read me.  You're the only partner who knows how to strike back at a killer bee like me.  You also stung me.  You knew how I could be hurt.

You are my greatest strength but also my greatest weakness, my most vulnerable point.  And that—— that was what ruined us, Sarah.  You became a weapon against me.  Without you even knowing it.

Pero even with that —- with all of this, walang iwanan, Sarah.

Baby, please wake up.

———————————

Royales Residence. 2019.

Bee woke up with the smell of fried eggs and caramelized tocino, wafting on a Sunday morning.  She immediately smoothed her hand over her silk bed sheets.  She realized Sarah was not next to her.