Chapter 2

Vances POV:

I woke up at 8:45. I was late for school but i didn't really care.

I brushed my teeth and got dressed. I grabbed a granola bar and headed out the door. My dad was laying down on the couch watching TV. I did not like my father. He sucked ass.

I walked to school and it was already 9:15. I walked into 3rd period late. I had this period with Finney. I sat down next to him because no one was sitting there.

"Uh. Mr Hopper! You're late again. For the 8th time this month. One more time and a detention will be given." The teacher spoke sternly. "Okay." I replied.

I didn't really like this teacher. He was so annoying.

"Hey Vance." Finney said while looking over to me.

"Sup Finney." I replied while taking my pencil out of my bag.

"Why were you late?" He asked me.

"Didn't wake up on time."

"Ah okay."

"No talking!!" The teacher yelled.

I rolled my eyes.

Me and Finney looked at each other and started to giggled quietly.

*Time skip to lunch*

I didn't have a class with anyone the period before lunch so i walked outside alone to the table.

I sat down, then Robin and Bruce came and sat.

We were all talking again until Griffin brought up that same subject.

"Oh! Did you guys hear about the parasite or virus gong around? Apparently it's killing many people and making them act strange ways." He said.

"Yeah, me and Vance were talking about that yesterday outside the grab n go." Bruce said before taking a bite of his food.

"I hope none of us get it." Robin said.

"Me too." Billy agreed with him.

*After school*

The school day was finally fucking over.

I was currently walking to the grab n go with Robin and Bruce. We were going there because I wanted to play pinball.

I asked for quarters since i used the ones i had left yesterday. "Anyone have quarters?" I asked. "Yeah i got you." Robin said. He pulled out 7 quarter out of his pocket and put them in my hand.

"Thanks dude."

"No problem."

We walked into the store and it was very weird..

"Where the hell is everybody?" Robin questioned while looking around.

"Hm. I have no idea. Not even the cashier is here." Bruce said.

We were all so confused because the sign said "open".

"Maybe the cashier is on break and it's not as busy?" Bruce tried to think of a reason.

"Yeah maybe." I said.

We walked over to the pinball machine. I put in a quarter and started to play.

"Hey guys, i'll be right back. I gotta go to the bathroom." Bruce said while walking away from us.

"Kk." I said. Robin shot a thumbs up.

I was playing pinball for a couple of minutes. "What's taking Bruce so damn long?" Robin chuckled.

I shrugged. "Mayb-." I was cut off by a loud scream.