Chapter 8

Griffin POV:

It was about 2 weeks later after Vance and Robin had their whole fight. I estimated because we can't really tell time or what the date is.

Right now we were walking in forests aimlessly. Nothing new.

I was walking next to Billy and thinking back to when me, Gwen, Finney, and Robin found all that stuff in the abandoned place.

I mean, there had to be someone living there.

Because why else would there be fresh banana peels and bandages? Also how did they even get bananas? I mean, we are literally in an apocalypse. All the fruits have gone bad.

I decided to ask the group about it.

"Hey guys, remember when me, Gwen, Finney, and Robin found all that stuff in the abandoned place? We never found out why there was fresh stuff. I was thinking someone was living there?" I asked the other 7 people.

"Oh yeah. I forgot about that. I think you are right. But where could they have gone?" Gwen said.

Everyone shrugged and was thinking to themselves. It was silent until we heard 2 crack of sticks behind us.

We all turned around and held up our weapons.

Vance held up his gun.

Bruce held up his baseball bat.

And everyone else who had a switchblade, held them up.

"Oh hello. We didn't expect to see people here." The lady said.

"Who the fuck are you guys?" He said with his regular mad expression. "Vance." Bruce hit his shoulder lightly. Vance looked at him and calmed his expression. Then looked back at the strangers

"Woah. Calm the hell down kid." A man stepped forward.

"Leo calm down." The women said to him. She put her hand on his shoulder.

Bruce looked at her and smiled slightly.

"So? Who are you guys?" Robin restated Vance's question.

"Right, sorry. I'm Alora and this is my boyfriend, Leo." She smiled sweetly.

(you can imagine these 2 however you'd like)

"We live in a place with many other people. We are trying to find as many survivors as we can." Alora started. We all listened to her.

"This place has food, fruit, plants, water, and many other things. We came out here to find more people that might be struggling out here. Not saying that you guys are struggling but, maybe you would join us?" She finished.

We all thought for a second. I looked at Billy. He was also unsure. We all looked at eachother.

"The last time we welcomed someone with us, he was a pedophile. Oh and be also tried to kill our friend, Finney." Vance said while pointing at Finney.

The 2 new people looked at Finney with slightly horrified faces.

Finney was standing in front of Robin with Robins arms around his shoulders.

Finney gave Leo and Alora an awkward smile and a small wave.

"Oh that's horrible!" Alora said.