chapter 9

Désiré

"So, Désiré, your mom told me you made a new friend today", dad says at the dinner table. Of course, typical mom to make a fuss about everything.

" Yes dad, her name is Jessie", I reply fast wanting the conversation to come to and end, as if dad senses it, he shifts his attention to Joe.

" What about you son, your mom told me you joined the school's football team already ".

" Um, yes and coach's got us practicing twice as hard for the upcoming game".

" That's great news!, I'm so happy you both have started socializing, it's a great development!."

    Dad then shifts his conversation to mom and they started conversing about their day, only involving us once in a while.

   Dinner was finally over and I retired to my bedroom, trying to prepare for the next day when I saw an incoming video call from the girls.

"Hello", I say with an excited smile but was greeted by an high pitched greeting.

"Holaa, how you doing!!!", Bella asks.

"I'm fine guys, I miss you all and I'm sorry I haven't called, I've been super busy with school".

"Yeah right, you better make it up to us" , Leila says

"I sure will"

"How's school treating you over there?", Ally asks.

"Fine"

"Any gist?"

"Or hot guys, meet any one?" Bella asks

"Don't you dare lie to us", Leila says narrowing her eyes.

" Fine, I met two", I reply with an eye roll and I heard deafening screams from the girls.

" OMG!!!!! "

" What!, It's no biggie "

" Are you kidding!!!, of course it is"

" You met two guys on your first day"

" I'm proud my baby has grown ", Leila says wiping am imaginary tear from her eye and I roll my eyes at her childishness.

" What are their names? ", Bella asks excitedly.

" Theodore and Michael "

" Give us more hints! "

" Well, I barely talked to Theo, I only had 2 classes with him while Michael, well he's nice, he accidentally hit me with a ball and we had a mini conversation after", I finish saying the last part with a smile.

" OMG, love at first sight, and you are even smiling, I loooveee it", Bella says screaming.

" So between Thoe amd Michael, whis hotter? "

" I don't know ", I reply with a shrug.

" How can you not know, we meed more details!!!! ", Ally says.

" I barely know them, Theo's the quiet type, he's got this mesmerizing eyes, a bit muscular built, a deep masculine voice with a hint if British accent, dark hair", I say remembering the glances and stare we exchanged in the car. " Michael gives this cool, friendly vibe, with chocolatey skin, black afro kinda hair, he's also muscular probably because they are both athletes, also has this deep masculine voice and they are both on the football team. " I say in conclusion.

" Wow, I'm speechless, you've learned far more than your master", Leila says in awe and I let out a laugh.

" It's nothing serious guys"

" I wish I could see them", Ally says dreamily.

" So if you were to choose, who would you choose? " Bella asks.

" None, I guess, I barely know them".

" Hmm", Leila says in disbelief.

" Well, it was nice talking to you guys but I have to prepare for school tomorrow and get some sleep. Lest I forget, how's Diego? ", I ask Leila.

" We called it quits about a week ago"

" Really!, What made you decide? "

" Well, I thought about what you said, confronted him about it and we decided it was much better if we called it quits, so I'm single now! ", She says smiling.

" Will keep that in mind, bye girls, talk to you later".

" Bye, make sure you call us from time to time and keep us updated ". Bella says winking.

" I will"

" Promise? "

" I promise, bye girls ".

" Bye"

" Ciao".

   The call finally ended and I sigh, realizing how much I miss them despite their craziness, they were still my besties. My mind drifted to random things, about Chicago and whatnot before I finally slept off.

And it's a wrap for chapter 9, I hope you guys enjoy it😊.

Who are you shipping for?, I'll be on the comment section 🤭.

Don't forget to like, share, and follow.

Till we meet again ❤️, ciao✌️.