Chapter 16

We arrive in school on Monday, and we are greeted warmly by the crew, with Lydia holding a mini banner which says "Welcome to our crew, we love you❤️" and I laugh at her goofiness.

"Hey man", Michael says giving Joe a bro hug. "Hey Désiré".

"Hi"

"Hey boo boo, how does it feel to finally be part of our crew on an official note?", Jessie says coming to give me a side hug before hanging her hands on my shoulder.

" Well, it feels good but was the banner really necessary though? "

" To be truthful, Lydia just took it over the top and as an act to make some certain people jealous but just play along and act equally excited ", Jessie says whispering to my ear which makes me let out a little smile.

" Hey girlie ", Vera says with a smile.

" Hi, you guys didn't have to bother to wait for us outside you know?"

" Well, Lydia insisted and you certainly do not want to be on her bad side".

Before I could respond I am greeted with a bone crushing hug from none other than Lydia.

" Well, good morning to you too", I say laughing.

" Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry, I'm just excited it's been a while since we had a new person on our crew most especially a girl,feels good to have a new breath of fresh air among us ", she says jumping up excitedly.

" Wow, just say it as if we aren't present", Vera says with a playful eye roll.

" I hate to break this mini girly session but we have to get to class if we don't want to have detention ", Theo says.

" Ohh, I'll choose detention anytime than to attend that torturous class with Mr Phillips", Jessie says with a whine.

" Well, unlike you, we don't have Mr Phillips and I certainly do not want to be late to class", Michael says.

" Where's Tyler by the way?".

" He's probably still hung over and having a random girl sleeping in his bed as we speak".

" We should probably call him and find out if he's fine",Joe says.

" Nahh, he'll be fine, it's not exactly the first time this will be happening anyways".

" Let's just get to class and stop worrying about Tyler who's probably having the time of his life right now", Michael says.

" Alright, let's meet by break time for a mini meeting at the cafeteria", Lydia says excitedly.

" Get ready to be supriseddd", vera says in a singsong manner before skipping to her class.

The class goes by in a blur and I couldn't be more happy when I heard the bell ring signifying end of this class and beginning of our break time, the shouts of joy from other students proves that I'm not the only one excited to be free from this mini torture, it's not really my fault, I may be a lover of education but I'm not really a fan of maths class, never have been and I'm sure most students think this same.

I grab my bag and text joe to find out he he is.

Désire: yoo, where are you?

Joe: just got out of class, heading over to the cafeteria, what about you?

Désiré: just also got out of class

Joe: should I come pick you up then?

Désiré:nahh, don't bother, I'm fine