With an outstretched arm

Truth to be told and not held back, Hongjoong really worries about Mingi's gums as the male didn't stop smiling all the way it took for them to meet in the middle of the yard.
"I passed." he tells the other through gritted teeth, so the high-pitched squeal wouldn't escape out in the daylight, as if the older wasn't the one delivering such news to him hours before.

"Who would have thought." Hongjoong says, patting the man's forearm.
"Can we wait for Wooyoung? He should be here soon." the male asks while bouncing up and down.
"With the speed of your movement you will be halfway to the moon before Wooyoung even appears. Who is he?"

"The first friend I made here!"
"What about Yeosang?"
The red-haired male chews on his lower lip.
"Well...he is more of an acquaintance. I find him a bit intimidating."
Hongjoong scoffs.
"Alright, let's wait for your new friend then."

Both males stand in the yard while other first years carry huge bags inside the main hall with hopes that someone is standing there and just waiting for a bunch of people asking them directions, which isn't really the case.
Mingi is glad he knows Hongjoong since it means he already has his first friend, a knowledgeable tour guide and someone to help him with homework for a price not higher than a cup of tea - all that in one sleep deprived person.

"Your eyebags look terrible." he comments.
"Starting off with affectionate compliments, I see."
The male only looks the other up and down.
"I will have to wear that aristocratic bullshit as well?"
"Mhm, if you plan on going to classes and being a member of this Academy, that is. If not, feel free to walk around in sweatpants and a hoodie."
"Sounds way better."

Hongjoong sighs. He wore the full package, which includes a white dress shirt, black waist coat and a black jacket with slacks.
With the new seeds staring at him, he is aware of his handsome looks.
The theme is black and dark around here anyways.
"Mingi!" a voice calls from the crowd.
The tall male turns his head to find the source of it. The boy coming their way is wearing a blue jacket that reaches his knees.

Hongjoong slightly raises his eyebrow as the two hug and spin around.
All that and they know each other for three days?
"I should try harder with Yeosang..." he says to himself, turning to look at the Academy before them. The vampire probably sleeps just like any other normal creature at this hour.

"Alright, how about we get moving?"
The blond male retracts one hand, which previously was around Mingi's neck and offers it to Hongjoong.
"Hello, I'm Wooyoung."
"Hongjoong." the black-haired male nods before shaking his hand.
"Nice to meet you!"
"Yeah..."
"He's not the best partner in conversations in the mornings." Mingi says and follows Hongjoong inside, the blond male next to him.

"What are the names of your rooms?"
"Mist."
"And yours, Wooyoung?"
"Oh, we are in the same room."
"Really?" Hongjoong glances at them over his shoulder.
"I filled out the form..." the blond male explains.
"Most of us leave it to the teachers but I guess now Mingi has smaller chances at blowing anything up."
The black-haired male turns his head back and doesn't notice the stare both of the new students share.

"Exactly."

Hongjoong leads them up the tower staircase to the fourth floor.
"I'm not sure if I should call them good news or bad news, but I'm on the same floor as you. Yeosang too. Your room is right next to his while I have the one on the corner just at the entrance. We just passed it." The male points behind himself, walking further down the hallway.
He stops them by a door with a small golden plate with the word Mist engraved on it. Their room is the second to last. His finger lifts again to point at the last door.

"Here you will find Yeosang. Even though he is more active in the evening hours, I still advise you to ask for his help rather than mine."
Mingi rolls his eyes at his friend's laziness.
Someone clears their throat. The red head is about to turn his head around until he notices Hongjoong's exasperated expression followed with a heavy breath.