Differing by scent

Wooyoung yawns while other students pass him inside their classrooms. His bag is slouched over one shoulder and his tie hangs loosely almost like a vacant noose. The male's deeply blue eyes attract attention from fellow werewolves but he declines all attempts at approaching him with a shake of his head and a small snarl.
He sniffs the air for Mingi's smell yet nothing of that sort appears. Wooyoung gets a whiff of burnt wood and his eyes spark with interest as he searches for the scent's owner. Some heads turn as well.

Werewolves all have their unique scent yet most of them have neutral nature related fragrances. Since the line between omegas, betas and alphas is blurry because of the many changes the wolves experience being half human, stronger scents associated with true alpha's are rare.
Three males are making their way towards the classroom with stares accompanying them along the path. They stop since some werewolves are standing in front of the door, blocking the way.

Wooyoung inspects all three of them as his hands unconsciously cross below his chest.
The closest to the door is also the tallest of the three, probably somewhere near Mingi's height. He is wearing the uniform and something akin to various herbs and earth comes from him. It's a confusing mix, not showing the male's possible status.
The second one has a strong scent of apples and it's the first thing that crosses the blonde's mind when he shifts his attention towards him.

His hair is light brown and he looks the most put together.
The owner of the burnt wood scent is a different story though.
Wooyoung's eyes rake over the muscular body, waking up animalistic interest. The black haired werewolf looks good with his jacket over one arm and a waistcoat over his chest and small waist.

What entrancing proportions.

A yip leaves one of the werewolves and Wooyoung turns his head towards a girl.
He chuckles, snapping out of his staring. The male is about to turn to see has Mingi finally arrived when his blue eyes meet eyes the colour of honey wood.
The male tilts his head slightly, displaying attentiveness while few of his black strands fall on the sides of his face.

His eyebrow raises up as Wooyoung's heart flutters.

His inner wolf lets out something similar to a hum and that's enough for the blond male to get inside the classroom, screw his late friend.
Wooyoung hopes his wolf goes back to sleep and doesn't appear but that's probably the last thing she has in mind.
When most of the werewolves and first years have found their seats, Mingi storms in the classroom, going straight to his roomate.

"I thought you wouldn't come." Wooyoung says, hiding how glad he is to have a friend here.
"We agreed that the first one wakes up the other one as well! Where did that deal go?" Mingi asks, hurriedly pulling out notebooks from his bag.
"You told me you are getting up!"
"And you believed me when I was mumbling, still half asleep?"
Mingi feels his body screaming for him to sleep and his eyelids are falling in front of his eyes on their own. If only his stomach wouldn't ask for breakfast he missed.

"Well excuse me, I'll make sure next time not to believe a word you say."
"That would be better, thanks."
Wooyoung shakes his head and watches the teacher walking in, stopping in front of the students.
"Hello and welcome to human, werewolf and vampire behaviour analysis or HWV analysis for short. I am mr. Saltir. Now, don't get confused because even if this is a course for the roses, the new transfers and anyone wishing to dig deeper in the quirks of our behaviour is welcome here. I see a few old faces, hello to you and I hope to see you all being active as these lessons are based on discussion and conversation. Those who think they can just sleep the whole time and not move a finger, the door is to your right, use it."

One vampire actually takes the chance to get up and walk out, leaving Mingi wide eyed as he leans closer to the werewolf.
"If he would do something like this in my old school, he would have no hair at the back of his head due to my teacher beating the shit out of him with a rolled paper."
Wooyoung snorts.
"You got hit there?" he whispers.
"Sometimes when they couldn't silence us or get us to participate in stuff."