When new times arose

Mingi grunts and massages the back of his head.
"Focus." the devil himself whispers in his left ear.
The male has a sudden urge to cry his eyes out but gulps it down and tries to look as interested as ever in the picture the teacher has drawn on the chalkboard.
It's a basic yet well drawn replication of a grave with a tombstone.

He forces himself to draw something similar to satiate the male next to him.
"I wanna go home." Mingi whines out quietly.
A snort leaves the man, who is sitting on the other side of Hongjoong.
"Run while you can, your friend here seems to have just started."
And indeed, this time the black haired male flicks his fingers against the side of his head.

"We are only twenty minutes in, Mingi! It's your first lesson, pay attention. And you-" the overly tired voice turns sour as it addresses the blond male, who somehow has become part of their conversation.
"Mind your own business. Just because you sit here with an fuck all attitude, doesn't mean we all should."
"Calm down, chipmunk. Did someone steal your food? They must be nuts."

The red head covers his mouth with his palm while Hongjoong ignites like a match beside him.
"You doomed-"
"Shush and focus. You can't show a bad example to your friend here, can you?" the blond male asks in a serious manner.
Mingi can feel every muscle in his friend clenching in hopes of not snapping loudly at the annoying man. His black eyes drill holes in the pale male while the taller one just glances at Mingi over Hongjoong's black hair.

"Park Seonghwa." he introduces out of nowhere.
"Nice to meet you, Song Mingi." the red head nods.
He would have offered his hand if the male between them possessed zero chances of not biting it off.
He didn't.
"The biggest pain in the ass there seems to be." Hongjoong adds with a scowl on his face, addressing the vampire.
Seonghwa's dark eyes sparkle and Mingi thinks he is about to say a dirty comment but controls himself.

Hongjoong would send all of them to the depths of hell if that was the case.
Mingi sheepishly looks at his friend when the teacher leaves them to take notes while he finds a new page in one of the study books.
"So...my dear Hongjoong, how about a little summarization?"
"Seems like I didn't beat you enough." the male grumbles.
"Or you did it more than enough times for him to lose all sense of time and space." Seonghwa provides his point of view.

With a dramatic sigh Hongjoong turns to the red head.
"Basically when a person dies we may contact their spirits. They appear to us in different forms and voices because every necromancer's skill differs. The first discovery of some people being able to talk to the dead is dated back to the 16th century. It was a little before witch trials began."
Mingi diligently writes the information down and Hongjoong's black eyes watch him like a hawk, thus, he doesn't notice a certain blond vampire moving closer from behind.

The human just doesn't have that heightened sense of danger, which Seonghwa marvels at.
"Does the need to hit your friend stem from you being a sadist or you being a deprived masochist?"
Chills rush down Hongjoong's spine as the other's breath hits his ear and the side of his neck.
"The fuck?" he hisses, immediately turning while his hand rubs at the smooth skin on his neck.
"Just curious."
"Nothing you should concern yourself over. Now don't disturb us."

Seonghwa rolls his eyes, the action looking smooth and leans back in his own chair.
Hongjoong clears his throat, tingles wrecking his body.
"If you're not hundred percent sure about the spirit and its will to cooperate, do not even attempt to make contact with it. Those who wish to speak to you usually reveal themselves. There are many ways to make contact if you have chosen to do so. Want me to give examples?"
"Sure." Mingi nods, the pen not leaving his notebook.
"Some can do it by dripping their own blood on the resting place of the person."