Chapter Two

Enzo walks downstairs the next day, finding Sherlock tidying up as John looks round the room "That's a skull

Enzo walks downstairs the next day, finding Sherlock tidying up as John looks round the room "That's a skull." John says, motioning to the skull on the mantle with his cane, "Friend of mine. When I say 'friend'..." Sherlock responds. Enzo smiles lightly, going over to the sofa and sitting down. Sherlock gives him a look while tilting his head slightly, scanning him with his eyes. Enzo huffs slightly, rolling his eyes at his brother. Mrs Hudson walks in, picking up a cup and saucer as Sherlock takes off his coat and scarf "What do you think, then, Doctor Watson? There's another bedroom upstairs if you'll be needing three bedrooms." she tells John. "Of course we'll be needing three." John tells her. "Oh, don't worry; there's all sorts round here. Mrs Turner next door's got married once." Mrs Hudson tells him, whispering the last sentence. John looks at Sherlock who is oblivious to what is being insinuated, Enzo lying on the sofa with his knees to his chin. Mrs Hudson walks across to the kitchen and turns back to frowns at Sherlock and Enzo "Oh, Sherlock, Enzo. The mess you've made." She tells them, beginning to tidy up. "Oops." Enz mumbles sheepishly, running a hand through his hair.

John walks over to one of the two armchairs, plumping the cushion on the chair before dropping down into it. He looks across to Sherlock who is still tidying up a little "I looked you up on the internet last night." he tells him. "Anything interesting?" John asks. "Found your website, The Science of Deduction." John responds. "What did you think?" Sherlock asks happily. "You said you could identify a software designer by his tie and an airline pilot by his left thumb." John tells him. "Yes; and we can read your military career in your face and your leg." Enzo says. "And your brother's drinking habits in your mobile phone." Sherlock adds. "How?" John asks. Sherlock smiles and turns away as Mrs Hudson comes out of the kitchen reading a newspaper "What about these suicides then, Enzo, Sherlock? I thought that'd be right up your street. Three exactly the same." she tells them. Sherlock walks over to the window of the living room as a car pulls up outside "Four. There's been a fourth. And there's something different this time." Sherlock tells her. Enzo sits up as he hears the door open downstairs "A fourth?" Mrs Hudson asks him.

Lestrade walks up the stairs and into the living room "Where?" Sherlock asks. "Brixton, Lauriston Gardens." he responds. "What's new about this one? You wouldn't have come to get us if there wasn't something different." Enzo frowns. "You know how they never leave notes?" Lestrade asks. "Yeah." Sherlock responds. "This one did. Will you come?" Lestrade asks the brothers. "Who's on forensics?" Enzo asks. "It's Anderson." Lestrade responds. Sherlock grimaces "Anderson won't work with us." he tells the Detective. "Well, he won't be your assistant." Lestrade tells them. "We need an assistant." Enzo retorts. "Will you come?" Lestrade asks. "Not in a police car. We'll be right behind." Sherlock tells him. "Thank you." the Detective tells them, looking at John and Mrs Hudson before rushing off downstairs. As soon as the door shuts Sherlock leaps into the air, clenching his fist triumphantly as he spins "Brilliant! Yes! Ah, four serial suicides, and now a note! Oh, it's Christmas!" he smiles. Enzo smiles and gets up as Sherlock grabs his scarf and coat "Mrs Hudson, we'll be late. Might need some food." Sherlock tells their landlady. "I'm your landlady, dear, not your housekeeper." she reminds him. "Something cold will do. John, have a cup of tea, make yourself at home. Don't wait up!" Sherlock smiles, grabbing his leather pouch off the table as he and Enzo walk onto the landing. "Want to see if he wants to come with us?" Sherlock asks. "Of course he does." Enzo responds, shoving his hands in his pockets.