Chapter Fourteen

Enzo follows his brother into Sebastian's office with John, Sebastian soon walking in and smiling "Sherlock Holmes

Enzo follows his brother into Sebastian's office with John, Sebastian soon walking in and smiling "Sherlock Holmes." he says. "Sebastian." Sherlock responds, standing up and shaking his hand. Sebastian clasps Sherlock's hand in both of his own "Howdy, buddy. How long's it been? Eight years since I last clapped eyes on you? And Lorenzo, wow you've grown up." he says. "This is our friend, John Watson." Sherlock says. "Friend?" Sebastian asks. "Colleague." John tells him, shaking his hand. "Right. Right." Sebastian says, looking at the Holmes brothers. Enzo clenches his jaw slightly as Sebastian smiles unpleasantly, scratching his neck slightly. Both of the brothers take note of his watch "Well, grab a pew. D'you need anything? Coffee, water?" Sebastian asks, motioning for them to sit. Sherlock shakes his head, Enzo doing the same "No." John tells him. "No? We're all sorted here, thanks." Sebastian tells his secretary. "So, you're doing well. You've been abroad a lot." Sherlock remarks. "Well, some." Sebastian responds. "Flying all the way round the world twice in a month?" Enzo asks. John frowns in confusion but Sebastian laughs and points at the brothers "Right. You're doing that thing. Sherlock and I were at uni together. This guy here had a trick he used to do." he tells John. "It's not a trick." the brothers mutter. "He could look at you and tell you your whole life story." Sebastian says. "Yes, I've seen him do it." John tells him.

"Put the wind up everybody. We hated him. Enzo too when he came to visit his brother." Sebastian continues. Enzo and Sherlock look away and down, the younger clenching his fists "You'd come down to breakfast in the Formal Hall and this freak would know you'd been shagging the previous night." Sebastian tells John. "We simply observed." Sherlock tells him. "Go on, enlighten me. Two trips a month, flying all the way around the world – you're quite right. How could you tell? You're gonna tell me there was, um, a stain on my tie from some special kind of ketchup you can only buy in Manhattan." Sebastian says smugly. John smiles slightly "No, we..." Sherlock starts. "Maybe it was the mud on my shoes!" Sebastian interrupts. "We were just chatting with your secretary outside. She told us." Enzo tells him. John looks at him in confusion, Sebastian laughing humourlessly as Sherlock and Enzo smile back at him with an equal lack of humour. Sebastian claps his hands together and becomes more serious "I'm glad you could make it over. We've had a break-in." he tells them.

Sebastian leads them across the trading floor towards another door "Sir William's office, the bank's former Chairman. The room's been left here like a sort of memorial. Someone broke in late last night. " he explains. "What did they steal?" John asks. "Nothing. Just left a little message." Sebastian responds. Sebastian lets them into the office, revealing yellow graffiti sprayed on the wall and painting of Sir William. Enzo frowns and walks over to it, vaguely recognising the tags. They head back to Sebastian's office, Sebastian showing them the security footage from the office "Sixty seconds apart." he tells them, flicking the footage between 23:33:01 and 23:34:01. "So, someone came up here in the middle of the night, splashed paint around, then left within a minute." Sebastian tells the three of them. "How many ways into that office?" Sherlock asks. "Well, that's where this gets really interesting." Sebastian responds, taking them to the reception. Sebastian shows them a screen on a computer, showing a layout of the trading floor and its surrounding offices "Every door that opens in this bank, it gets logged right here. Every walk-in cupboard, every toilet." he tells them. "That door didn't open last night." Enzo realises. "There's a hole in our security. Find it and we'll pay you – five figures. This is an advance. Tell me how he got in, there's a bigger one on its way." Sebastian tells them, pulling a cheque out. "We don't need an incentive, Sebastian." Sherlock tells him, leading Enzo away.