Chapter Nine

Enzo stares at the screen as they wait for it to locate the phone "Come on, come on

Enzo stares at the screen as they wait for it to locate the phone "Come on, come on. Quickly!" Sherlock mutters. Mrs Hudson walks up the stairs and comes to the door again "Sherlock, dear. This taxi driver..." she tells him. Sherlock gets up and walks over to her "Mrs Hudson, isn't it time for your evening soother?" he asks her, John sitting next to Enzo. "We need to get vehicles, get a helicopter. We're gonna have to move fast. This phone battery won't last for ever." Sherlock tells Lestrade. "We'll just have a map reference, not a name." Lestrade points out. "It's a start!" Sherlock tells him. Enzo perks up as the computer shows a map and zooms in on the phone's location "Sherlock..." he trails off in confusion. "It narrows it down from just anyone in London. It's the first proper lead that we've had." Sherlock continues telling Lestrade. "Sherlock." John says, Sherlock finally turning to John and Enzo. "What is it? Quickly, where?" he asks. "It's here. It's in two two one Baker Street." John responds. "How can it be here? How?" Sherlock asks. "Well, maybe it was in the case when you brought it back and it fell out somewhere." Lestrade suggests. "What, and Enzo and I didn't notice it? Us? We didn't notice?" Sherlock asks him. "Anyway, we texted him and he called back." John tells Lestrade. "Guys, we're also looking for a mobile somewhere here, belonged to the victim..." Lestrade tells his colleagues.

Enzo frowns and runs upstairs to his room "Enzo?" John calls after him. Getting to his room, Enzo starts pulling it apart "Come on, he can't have found everything." he mumbles to himself, searching his draws. Finding a small baggy of pills, Enzo grabs a couple and puts them in his mouth. Swallowing them dry, he heads back downstairs, finding Sherlock gone "Where's Sherlock?" he asks. "He went to get some fresh air." John responds. Enzo frowns but nods, going over to the laptop which is reloading the location. The laptop loads to show the flat again, making him frown in confusion before realisation dawns on his face. "Enzo?" Lestrade asks. "Someone was here." Enzo says. "What, when?" John asks. "Now, when I went upstairs." he responds. John looks out the window "He just got in a cab. It's Sherlock. He just drove off in a cab." he says. Enzo goes to the window, seeing the cab driving away "Shit." he mutters. "I told you, he does that. He bloody left again. We're wasting our time!" Donovan tells Lestrade. "Call the phone." Enzo tells John, who does so. "It's ringing out." John tells him. Enzo frowns "If it's ringing, it's not here." Lestrade says. "I'll try the search again." John says, going over to the laptop and reloading it. "Does it matter? Does any of it? You know, he and Enzo are just lunatics, and they'll always let you down, and you're wasting your time. All our time." Donovan tells Lestrade, Enzo glaring at her.

"Okay, everybody. Done 'ere." Lestrade tells the team. Enzo glares at Donovan as she leaves with the rest of the team, Lestrade picking up his coat "Why did he do that? Why did he have to leave?" he asks Enzo, getting a shrug in response. Lestrade looks at John "You know him better than I do." John tells him. "I've known him for five years and no, I don't." Lestrade responds. "So why do you put up with him?" John asks. "Because I'm desperate, that's why. And because Sherlock Holmes is a great man. And I think one day, if we're very, very lucky, he might even be a good one." Lestrade responds, leaving. Enzo runs a hand through his hair "Whoever was in the cab with his is the person who has the phone. I don't know..." he trails off. "Enzo?" John asks. "It's the cabbie. The cab driver is the one killing people." Enzo tells him, running upstairs. "What are you doing?" John frowns. "I'll be right back." Enzo responds. Grabbing the baggy from his room, Enzo pulls out a couple more of the pills and takes them before running back downstairs "How are we going to find out where the cabbie has taken Sherlock?" John asks. Just then the computer beeps and a map appears on the screen, zooming in on the new location of the phone. Enzo picks it up, looking at the new location "Come on, I know where they are." he tells John. Nodding, John grabs his jacket and pulls it on as he follows. Enzo runs out the door and hails a cab, the cab pulling over "Roland-Kerr college, as fast as possible." he tells the driver as he and John climb in.