Chapter Three

Sherlock leads his brother and John into a room on the ground floor, Lestrade putting on a coverall "You need to wear one of these

Sherlock leads his brother and John into a room on the ground floor, Lestrade putting on a coverall "You need to wear one of these." Sherlock tells John. "Who's this?" Lestrade asks. "He's with us." Sherlock tells him, taking his gloves off. "But who is he?" Lestrade asks them. "I said he's with us." Sherlock responds, Enzo coughing slightly making his brother look at him. John takes off his jacket and picks up a coverall, looking at the brothers who are picking up a pair of latex gloves each "Aren't you gonna put one on?" he asks, making the brothers look at him. "So where are we?" Sherlock asks Lestrade. "Upstairs." Lestrade responds, picking up a pair of gloves himself. Lestrade leads the three of them up a circular staircase "I can give you two minutes." he tells them. "May need longer." Sherlock responds, pulling on his gloves. Enzo copies his brother, trying to ignore the slight shake his hands have "Her name's Jennifer Wilson according to her credit cards. We're running them now for contact details. Hasn't been here long. Some kids found her." Lestrade briefs them, leading them into an empty room except for a lone rocking horse. Emergency portable lighting is set up near the woman's body, the woman lying face down on the bare floorboards in the middle of the room. Enzo scans her with his eyes, taking in her bright pink overcoat and high-heeled pink shoes.

"Shut up." Sherlock tells Lestrade. "I didn't say anything." he defends. "You were thinking. It's annoying." Sherlock tells him. Enzo walks round the body, his attention being drawn to the floorboards near the woman's left hand where the word 'Rache' has been scratched. Frowning he bends down, looking at the chipped and broken nails on the woman's left hand
Left Handed
Enzo looks back to the word carved into the floorboards
Rache
German) n.) revenge
Shaking his head Enzo starts putting letters next to the word
Rachel
Squatting down he runs his hand along the back of her coat
Wet
Frowning he reaches into her coat pockets and pulls out a white umbrella
Dry
Putting the umbrellaback, he runs his fingers underneath her coat collar
Wet
Reaching into his pocket he pulls out a small magnifier, inspecting the gold bracelet on her left wrist
Clean
He moves onto the gold earring attached to her right ear
Clean
Enzo moves to the gold chain round her neck with a frown
Clean
Finally he looks at the rings on her left ring finger
Dirty
Married
Unhappily married 10+ years
Carefully, he takes the rings off and looks at the it, looking at the outside then the inside
Dirty
Clean
Regularly removed
Serial Adulterer
He puts the rings back on before standing back up, looking at his brother. Sherlock nods, letting him know that they have the same deductions.

"Got anything?" Lestrade asks the brothers. "Not much." Enzo responds as Sherlock takes his gloves off and pulls his phone out.  "She's German. 'Rache', it's German for 'revenge.' She could be trying to tell us something-" Anderson starts, leaning against the door frame. Enzo walks over and slams the door in his face "Yes, thank you for your input." he tells him sarcastically. "So she's German?" Lestrade asks. "Of course she's not. She's from out of town, though. Intended to stay in London for one night before returning home to Cardiff." Sherlock tells him, showing his phone to Enzo before putting it away. "So far, so obvious." Enzo adds. "Sorry, obvious?" John asks. "What about the message, though?" Lestrade frowns. "Doctor Watson, what do you think?" Sherlock asks John, looking at him. "Of the message?" John asks. "Of the body. You're a medical man." Enzo tells him. "Wait, no, we have a whole team right outside." Lestrade pipes up. "They won't work with us." Sherlock tells him. "I'm breaking every rule letting you in here." Lestrade tells the brothers. "Yes, because you need us." Sherlcok retorts. "Yes, I do. God help me." Lestrade sighs, looking down. "Doctor Watson." Sherlcok says. "Hm?" John hums, looking at Lestrade. "Oh, do as they say. Help yourself. Anderson, keep everyone out for a couple of minutes." Lestrade concedes, walking out the room.