58

58| Valentine's Day

Nobody's POV
February 14

"It's okay Papa." Janet said and gently bounced him up and down. The three of them were at the doctor's office so Eissa could get his one-month shot, which hurt him.

"Umm, I have to do another one." Janet glared at Jackie.

"I'm just doing my job."

Janet sighed, "I know." She held Eissa up to her chest and Toni held his legs. Jackie took the needle and injected Eissa with the medicine. He screamed louder as tears fell down his face.

"That's it. I'm done." She said and placed a band-aid on the shot.

"Imma get you fired." Janet joked and they laughed. Eissa calmed down a bit because Janet began to feed him.

"He has to come back in about a month for a check-up. You can make the appointment at the front." While Toni went to go and make the appointment, Janet went to the car to continue feeding her son. She sat in the back and held Eissa in her arms.

"You have a few more shots to go." Janet said and played with his curly hair. She wiped the tears from his face and pecked his forehead. Toni got into the car and by that time Eissa had fallen asleep. Janet placed him into his car seat and strapped him in.

"What time is it baby?"

"Almost two. We have to pick up the kids right?"

"Yeah."

"All of them can't fit in this car. Someone is going to have to walk." Toni joked and Janet laughed. The couple didn't know that their son's appointment would take that long.

"No, today is Thursday so we're only picking up Skai and Des. King has football practice and Zee is cheering. Skai said she wasn't going today."

"Ohh that's right." Toni drove to Desiree's school first to get her. When the couple pulled up they saw their daughter sitting on a bench talking to a boy. She held a teddy bear in her hand and Toni raised her brow.

"Ummm."

"Awww she has a little boyfriend."

"That ain't cute Janet."

"And isn't."

"Holy crap! Mike, you scared us." Janet said and looked to her left, seeing her brother.

"She's not allowed to date until she's thirty." He said and Janet laughed.

"You sound like Joseph and why thirty?"

"Because I said."

"And what about Zee? She has a boyfriend now."

"Not for long. I'm going to get rid of him."

"Must I remind you, you can't do anything. You're a spirit."

"Oh, right. His time will come." Toni's mouth dropped and Janet giggled. Toni got out of the car to get Desiree and the sibling duo talked.

"You see your nephew?"

"Yes, he's so cute Janet. He looks like us, Toni didn't do anything."

Janet laughed, "I made him all by myself." Michael touched his nephew's hand and Eissa squeezed his finger with his little fist. Soon Toni came back with a blushing Desiree.

"Hi, Uncle Mike!" She said excitedly. Michael hadn't visited them in a long time and she missed him. She got in the car and sat on the other side of the back seat. Michael moved to the front.

"Hi Des. I see you have a boyfriend."

"Yeahhhh..." She said and smiled widely showing her dimples.

"Mmm well you know you're not allowed to have a boyfriend until you're thirty." Michael said and she frowned.