7:30 PM

After Tsumiki had solved their entire Enoshima problem single handedly with nothing but pure unadulterated bad luck, the two boys were finally able to relax.

Komaeda, under Kamukuras instructions, called local authorities while he slowly but eventually got himself out of the cage. With Enoshima incapacitated having both her knee caps (stolen) shot by Tsumiki, the two decided to just leave the scene for the police and ambulance to handle, figuring they'd been through enough for one day.

Which is how the two found themselves back at Hopes Peak Academy, long past closing and a chill finally settling into the air. 

Komaeda hadn't really said a word the whole way back, and so Kamukura hadn't offered him any in return. Truthfully, though, it was just because he didn't know what to say, where to start, he'd confessed his love to Kamukura, albeit in the most confusing, complicated, and drawn out way possible. But Kamukura hadn't said anything, had done the bare minimum to acknowledge it, and it kinda hurt? But, that was dumb. He shouldn't feel hurt. He should feel honored that Kamukura even did as much as he did, that he hadn't kicked him to the side yet! But, somehow, it still... hurt.

"Are you okay?" The question shocked Komaeda back to reality as his tired eyes landed on Kamukuras form. He couldn't tell much by his pinched brow. Perhaps he was upset, or maybe confused? He didn't know. He just felt tired, "I'm." He paused for words, an exclamation, but came short. "I'm fine," he finally settled.

Kamukura did not look convinced and said as much, "You're lying. Why are you lying?"

Komaeda turned away, not wanting to chance a look into those eyes that made his heart skip, "it doesn't matter." The silence that settled after those words seemed to prod at his bleeding heart, but he wasn't going to acknowledge it. Because what he had said was true, it really didn't matter. Maybe it never did. And the thought brought some despair to his poor shriveled heart, but it was a needed sacrifice, he reasoned. You always needed some despair for a little hope, after all.

He felt something brush his hand, bringing him back to reality, and as he turned, he caught sight of Kamukura walking away. Although his body was stiff as he practically marched, if not ran, from the scene. He swears, if he wasn't sure Kamukura hated him right now, he was so certain the others' faces were beet red as he slipped through the schools doors.

Ignoring the sting of rejection, he looked down at what had been left in his hand and found a plucked buttercup. Oh, that's why Kamukura was red. He was blushing. The thought brought a small smile to his face and a reignition of hope that maybe not all was lost.

He supposed next Valentines Day he could try again, maybe when neither of them were such disastrous idiots.